• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

No more PayPal for me (updated policy allows $2500 seizure)

$3.50 to send $100 isn't greedy. It's how they make a living. Western Union starts at $16, and isn't nearly as convenient.

"Greedy" is people trying to bypass the system and send money to buy things disguised as F&F.
Those types are the ones that screw it up for everyone else. Wouldn't need to be 30 pages of draconian rules if folks were more honest.
Good grief. PayPal is my vendor. They provide a service for which they’re paid a fee. We’re not even talking about items they’re financing where they would have some standing on what they would finance. It’s MY money, and barring illegal items, they have no business telling me what I can spend it on. As I said before, shut up, let me spend my money, and collect your fees. Their politics shouldn’t affect how I spend my money. Their initial attempts to disallow spending your money on certain items they disagree with disenfranchised a segment of their client base. They forced that segment to either go elsewhere or skirt the rules. If they were that concerned about abuse of F&F they would have just discontinued it and charged a fee for all transactions. See the latest T&C for what it is, a further attempt by them to impose their version of morality on their clients. And a stunning attempt at a cash grab. Take it to its extreme. Say PayPal, at their “sole discretion”, decides marital aids and certain types of media are “obscene” and “against community standards” and violate their terms. Pay with a PayPal account or card and get hit with a $2,500 fine. With little recourse since you agreed to their T&C. What if your conventional bank instituted similar policies? Started tracking your account and CC purchases, flagging certain words, began telling you there were certain items they’d no longer allow you to purchase through their accounts, and fined you if you did. Would you stay?

Cash seem popular here ( one of the worlds highest tax rates )
Someone punk just got charged with and convicted for driving 114 / 74 million Dkkr in cash from Denmark to Sweden.
The police and other wise people, have no idea where the money come from other than a coffee shop owner are also charged.

Now i am by far not the sharpest knife in the drawer ( Danish saying for not being the smartest guy around ) but ! do i really have to tell these people or do they not want to confess to the +2 billion DKkr / annual drug market that are proven to exist in Denmark.

Parliament election here on November 1 :mad:

$3.50 to send $100 isn't greedy. It's how they make a living. Western Union starts at $16, and isn't nearly as convenient.

"Greedy" is people trying to bypass the system and send money to buy things disguised as F&F.
Those types are the ones that screw it up for everyone else. Wouldn't need to be 30 pages of draconian rules if folks were more honest.
The worst thing about humanity is humans.

I have not been happy with PayPal for quite some time but have found it to be a fantastically easy utility to work with, I've never had any monies taken from me or had issues in that way, I was very concerned about their EULA and their confiscation wording, I will be moving on to a another payment app in the future but for now I will finish off with what I have in my account.

Wow I'm being left behind I've had PayPal for years and this is news to me o_O I know I should have read the PayPal contract 😲. This makes no sense to me that they would want to get involved in your personal life. I understand that they have retracted this money grabbing tactic but I don't like they even suggested it. I appreciate the original poster who brought this to my attention(y). Everyday I feel more and more like Rip Van Winkle I just can't keep up with all the changes and Im only 62:rolleyes:.

Last edited:
Reactions: silvershooter589
"politics" affects how everyone spends their money. and no one using PayPal has been hit with that fine, so really a moot point.
I can only assume you’re being deliberately obtuse? I said THEIR politics shouldn’t affect how I choose to spend MY money, or how any of you spend yours. Other than illegal activity our banks‘ T&C don’t contain restrictions on what I can purchase so whatever their political leanings, they don’t affect my purchases. PayPal has already restricted your ability to buy certain items that they don’t agree with. Send someone a payment and put “gun” or “pistol” in the subject line and watch what happens. Hell, a few months back I had a payment for a slot car held and scrutinized. Can’t remember what the offensive word was. It was pretty innocuous whatever it was. You have absolutely no way to prove whether or not PayPal has levied fines and neither do I, so I agree its a moot point. The fact they tried isn’t. Haven’t canceled my account yet but don’t plan to use it right now. Waiting to see what their investors think about this. I already told you what their Q2 earnings report was like. Now this. Maybe they'll get some new leadership.

Wow. Thanks for the heads-up. I actually didn't know about this. Crazy that it's even legal. Sad times we are in.
PayPal didn’t back down because it’s a sucky policy. It’s just because like all the woke companies doing it strictly for the $$$. I’m not fooled for one second.

PayPal didn’t back down because it’s a sucky policy. It’s just because like all the woke companies doing it strictly for the $$$. I’m not fooled for one second.

This kind of "ESG / Environmental, Social Guidance" borne of the WEF and proliferated through "stakeholder capitalism" is almost always to the detriment of shareholders and the bottom line. As you may have heard, "get woke, go broke". It happens over and over again.

The fact that they're pushing this agenda regardless brings forth a lot of questions, the least of which may be their fiduciary responsibilities to shareholders.

It's not a difficult answer though. The current world order fears the free flow of information and will leverage any tool at their disposal to quash it and retain power.

And...

I just read that they're offering a $15 bonus to people for not deleting their accounts. This is something that just keeps on giving!

Hint - Stay in your lane, pay-pal. While your excessive self-righteousness may make you feel entitled to punish others for their lack of it, that ain't the job you're paid to do. Do the job. Only the job. Not everyone is a California Karen. (Their HQ is in San Jose.)

J~

Reactions: stewie and pierceg
After walking it back it seems PayPal has reinstated the $2500 fine policy:

https://www.paypal.com/ga/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full

If you violate the Acceptable Use Policy, then in addition to being subject to the above actions you will be liable to PayPal for the amount of PayPal's damages caused by your violation of the Acceptable Use Policy. You acknowledge and agree that $2,500 USD (or equivalent) per violation of the Acceptable Use Policy is presently a reasonable minimum estimate of PayPal's actual damages - including, but not limited to internal administrative costs incurred by PayPal to monitor and track violations, damage to PayPal’s brand and reputation, and penalties imposed upon PayPal by its business partners resulting from a user’s violation - considering all currently existing circumstances, including the relationship of the sum to the range of harm to PayPal that reasonably could be anticipated because, due to the nature of the violations of the Acceptable Use Policy, actual damages would be impractical or extremely difficult to calculate. PayPal may deduct such damages directly from any existing balance in any PayPal account you control.