No more PayPal for me (updated policy allows $2500 seizure)

Well sort of have ditched google, deleted my old gmail a while back, a mail i had pretty much since gmail came about.

I now have 4 burner accounts, so mail adresses i do not use / mail boxes i do not check, the same go for my 4 youtube channels.
Nothing personal are posted / used in regard to all this of course, though you can of course figure out the user of some of those accounts shoot airguns, and use dashcams.

They do give me grief though when i use my VPN to fake me being in all kinds of countries,,,,,,, but i have that sort of worked out.

I have youtube so confused now what it give me of suggestions have absolutely no correlation to what i actually watch / do there, it is actually pretty funny.
And i can not stress how much i hate that feature, it is also one reason i do not have any streaming service for TV, cuz having watched something i am sure it would suggest me other similar content to watch.

Here in Denmark we have a ISP / phone provider, that used to be the only one,,,, public owned of course back them, well it are pretty much still a monopoly i would like to see go the way of standard oil, and i do not know enough English words to really explain how much i detest that company, even if it is private now.
I have had to change ISP 2 times now due to that company, as people run from it to other providers, and then they swoop in and buy that little provider up.
And dont get me started on my feelings for the elected people in charge here for allowing something like that.
I do often say " Denmark can not be a better country before this company are gone " and i wholehearted feel so.

The other social media, that have come and gone, well of course i have not used those, i have not even contemplated doing that.
To some degree i take digital communication / keeping in touch as a insult to my person, though i do prefer if people TXT me or a email are also fine.
What first really got me ticked off with facetwitt was the use of the word" friends " for the people that stalk you.
I do not / can not have any friends on the internet, there are many people i seem to be able to respect and nice folke i might be friends with, but distance remove that option.
Also i do not slap the friend tag on just anyone and in anytime, i would probably have to look up a person for a few years before i naturally would use the friend moniker.
I cant well be friends with a American i met online, CUZ if he got into trouble and needed help i would not be able to do what a friend must do sitting way over here in Denmark.
If i was a American, i probably couldent be friends with a American on the other side / end of the country, again, CUZ i would not be able to be there when he need me,,,,,,, well at least not with my current financial situation, if it was better then NP a plane ticket return across the Atlantic would be nothing in regard to be able to help a friend.

I do not do go fund me sort of things, or give people begging on the streets cash, i am more of a hands on guy, and if the tornado took off my friends roof, well i have no problem going to the store and buy a ton of wood + whatever needed, so we can put a new roof on that sucker.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tater and rcs9250
My last transaction here the buyer paid by check and all was well.
Ditto for me too. Sure PP was handy for the seller because you got your money very quickly and a good seller shipped ASAP, but in all honesty it put me in the “instant gratification” group which I try to avoid. Although I like getting things I order quickly I remember the old days when I was a kid and ordered stuff with cash from Cabelas and LL Bean and look for a package when I got home from school. I survived the wait and probably still can today. Credit cards work OK for regular retailers but for private sales I’m fine with personal check or postal money order. Thoreau said it many many years ago “Simplify, Simplify”.

Last edited:
I will formally close my PayPal Acct in a few days so my last few transactions clear. With the recent tax implications on over $600 transactions whether or not it’s a single transaction or cumulative. I don’t desire any of it. Guess it’s checks or Venmo. IDK.
Venmo and EVERY other app has the same $600 issue. It's NOT the company it's the Federal Government that implemented this rule to make up for the mismanagement of money and find another way to suck us dry.

Reactions: shastasoda
Venmo and EVERY other app has the same $600 issue. It's NOT the company it's the Federal Government that implemented this rule to make up for the mismanagement of money and find another way to suck us dry.
If so that’s unfortunate, guess I’ll need to revert back to checks as I’m not going to pay extra taxes on items I’ve already paid tax on.

Was it funded by credit card?
No. They changed their terms so that there would be no more free "Send to a Friend" transfers when one of the accounts was a business. My fault I suppose for not reading their rather long terms of service email updates that seem to get sent every month.

Reactions: Chuck-in-Ohio
Any one here heard of Gab Pay, or used it? I got an email about it, here is a copy/paste:

What is the GabPay App?

The new GabPay App is a Person to Person payment network. The new app allows users to instantly transfer money from nearly any bank account in the United States to anyone or any business with a cell phone or email

How Does It Work?

The app is simple in nature. Transfer funds from a bank account, hold a balance, send and spend with any other user, receive instantly, or cash the amount you have out to nearly any financial institution in the USA. Yes, we said instant. All transactions on the app are instant* and final, with no chargebacks!

What Does It Cost?

We know money is important to you, and we have our eye on the ball. We add a small fee of 1.9% plus $0.15 when you transact. You help support the network and the new Parallel Economy. You can pay, choose to have the other party pay, or split it.

Can I Send Money To Someone Who Does Not Use GabPay?

Yes! When sending, enter their email or mobile number. The receiver will get an email or text letting them know they have money waiting. Your receiver will accept the terms and receive the money in their new, free user account. They can withdraw the funds to almost any bank in the United States or use them to send to others.

Is GabPay Secure?

Yes. We use a Level-4, Military-Grade-Encrypted Web Application Firewall. We use the same company that the UK Government and other governments, banks, and major processors use globally. We do regular 3rd-party PEN (penetration) tests.

Do You Offer Merchant Processing For Businesses?

Yes! GabPay provides you with the Peace of Mind that only comes from doing business with a friend who always has your best interest in mind. We provide you with a Dedicated Merchant Account with a bank that supports gab and real representatives that care about our cause. Do we integrate? We currently only accept applicants in the United States. Please check back soon for the EU and UK.

I don’t put checks in the mail. Some nefarious character swipes it from a mailbox and they have your name, address, routing number and account number. You gonna need a new account if that happens.
I never thought of that. Damn. I guess the safest way is a USPS money order. Costs the seller a buck sixty five, I think but pretty safe, and easy to log on USPS site to check authenticity.
Too bad theres not a system that my wife had at Cleveland Clinic. It was some kind of fob she carried around that every four or five minutes it would give a new code to enter to be able to access their system either remote or within the facility. Like the three digit code on credit cards that would constantly change so a thief could not use it without the code. Something has to make transactions safer.

That's an RSA Key. We used to use that at my hospital. Now that same procedure is done through an app on the phone. I click on the browser on the computer and it pings my phone with a number and I click "yes, it's me" and boom, I'm authenticated and in.

As per Paypal, make sure that if you're using Venmo or Zelle that you TRUST the seller. Neither of those platforms backs you up if someone is scamming you. One of benefits of using Paypal is that if I never send you that thing you paid me for, they'll get your money back. The sad part is, because humans are greedy, people will abuse that system back atcha. I'm glad they walked back that idiotic policy, because that's way beyond the pale. Morons. These days ebay doesn't even use them.

They are so greedy, it's disgusting. They go above and beyond with the greed factor.
$3.50 to send $100 isn't greedy. It's how they make a living. Western Union starts at $16, and isn't nearly as convenient.

"Greedy" is people trying to bypass the system and send money to buy things disguised as F&F.
Those types are the ones that screw it up for everyone else. Wouldn't need to be 30 pages of draconian rules if folks were more honest.