No more PayPal for me (updated policy allows $2500 seizure)

How does one send or post info on PayPal’s platform? Didn’t know that was possible. I’ll I’ve ever sent in the last 20 years or so is money. Thanks for the heads up, time to read the new user agreement and see if I’m staying. Those of y’all talking about Selle should dome some research. Plenty of recent horror stories on fraudulent use of that platform.
This is just one of the reasons they can charge your account, they have plenty more.

certain firearms related transactions, $2500 - but they don’t define what firearm related transactions — are airguns firearms? Some states say yes. What does paypal think?

unlawful activity is another $2500 — is using friends and family fraud when you have no tie other than a for sale listing on a forum? Will they charge both parties $2500 each?

the list goes on...

This is no longer a thing, do a quick search on Paypal 2500 and you will see it has been retracted, clarified, walked back, etc. etc.
AND???? You want to do business with people who think like that then back pedal when called on it? Next time they try it they won’t back pedal. Convenience is just not worth a lack of honor or integrity on either side of the transaction.
This is not meant as a shot at Mg616. It is just that we had all better flexing our financial muscle or we will be out of a lot mor than PPFF.
Personally I have never used PP, FB, TikTok etc. I don’t trust any of them and am too old to change my ways.

AND???? You want to do business with people who think like that then back pedal when called on it? Next time they try it they won’t back pedal. Convenience is just not worth a lack of honor or integrity on either side of the transaction.
And nothing, easy there. Just updating the state of play. We both remain free to choose to do business as we please.

This is no longer a thing, do a quick search on Paypal 2500 and you will see it has been retracted, clarified, walked back, etc. etc.

the $2500 surcharge sure seems to be gone, I can no longer find mention of it in the user agreement.
I can only imagine how many account cancellations they had in the last 24 hours.

I cant see commenting / sharing personal feelings about a company can be political in any way.

I have never sold anything and so never used paypal that way.
So as a result of this i have just closed my paypal so i dont get tempted again, cuz i like many others too have a short attention span and some times also have a bit too much air between the ears.

I am a big fan of voting with your wallet, just too bad someone that take a huge bite of every Danes pay check make that harder.

I have thought about this since I first saw this thread yesterday, and well...

Here is something we all should be concerned about with PayPal's "Acceptable Use Policy" and their "Prohibited Activities"...

"(j) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (k) certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law."

This has NOT been "walked back" or otherwise.

This should be a HUGE concern for all of us who purchase "stuff" for our pneumatics or power burners with "PayPal". And if you have been paying attention to what the "A F T" and "Washington" are trying to get away with... And if I was a betting man, the "A T F" will soon try and change their definition of "Firearms" to "demonize" Airgunning.

Enough said... Too much climbing on my soapbox, and before the morning coffee... I really need to install that elevator. It's a long walk down off my soapbox nowadays.

Now for coffee.

I'm not here to support PayPal.
I do use them but only a dc attached to to account. No bank account info. Not really sure if it matters, but ....

An AUP notice recently went out in error that included incorrect information. PayPal is not fining people for misinformation and this language was never intended to be inserted in our policy,” a PayPal spokesperson told The Epoch Times in an email.
Our teams are working to correct our policy pages. We’re sorry for the confusion this has caused,” the spokesperson added.

Web link for whole article.

How does one send or post info on PayPal’s platform? Didn’t know that was possible. I’ll I’ve ever sent in the last 20 years or so is money. Thanks for the heads up, time to read the new user agreement and see if I’m staying. Those of y’all talking about Selle should dome some research. Plenty of recent horror stories on fraudulent use of that platform.
Comments can be added to transactions. Now the zinger is, what if they are out searching for comments on other platforms. I'm not a lawyer and I don't play one on TV but OH that would be one heck of a class action suit.

I will keep this brief to avoid political commentary -- you can use a search engine and find the details on your own. But I will say the policy is totally at PayPal's discretion, and if they don't like what you have to say or what you believe, whether that be in real life, on any forum, social media etc., they can "sanction" you. AKA stealing your money.

PayPal has been doing this for ages, freezing accounts and seizing funds, but now it's pretty much official policy.

I am deleting my PayPal account and won't use it as an option for purchase/sale here any longer. I found out recently that the Zelle app works very well and can be set up in a couple minutes. Money right to your bank account, not some PayPal purgatory.
I stopped using PayPal several years ago because they contacted me to say my account was frozen due to unusual activity on my credit card.

I had no transactions in process and there were no disputed transactions either, it came out of the blue.

I don’t have a PayPal credit card. They were talking about the stored credit card info I occasionally used to pay for purchases. There were no unusual purchases on that card either.

As if that wasn’t an offensive enough breach of my personal information, they then wanted more identity related personal information to unfreeze the account. As if I can now trust them to hold and properly protect ample personal data to fully steal my identity and make my life hell if they had a data breach.

This was not a scam, I always made contact starting with my account on PayPal.com.

I do a lot of personal checks and USPS money orders now. Anyone who won’t do business that way isn’t worth the trouble to me.

Bottom line if you work with them they think they own you and you have no rights. You can’t even trust them when there are all good transactions, as my case shows.

Reactions: silvershooter589