• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

No more PayPal for me (updated policy allows $2500 seizure)

How does one send or post info on PayPal’s platform? Didn’t know that was possible. I’ll I’ve ever sent in the last 20 years or so is money. Thanks for the heads up, time to read the new user agreement and see if I’m staying. Those of y’all talking about Selle should dome some research. Plenty of recent horror stories on fraudulent use of that platform.

My understanding having read more of the policy besides that snippet is that it would apply to any platform or lack of "platform", ie. personal advocacy on certain issues.

From their record of banning/seizing funds based on ideological grounds, and banning certain groups/organizations, which goes back many years, it seems clear to me that if they get wind of, for example, anything they consider "(i) otherwise unfit for publication", you have pretty much been warned in advance.

Now, they do seem to have backtracked on this after all the outrage over it yesterday, and Elon Musk and the other Ebay founder basically calling this unacceptable. They say it was an error and never meant to be the policy. I say they're liars and We The People caused them to temporarily course correct before their stock goes to zero.

Reactions: jarmstrong
PAYPAL screwed the pooch, they messed up badly, lost my confidence in them.
What to replace them with?

Zelle and Cash.App seem like good alternatives. Crypto is another option. I'm not a big fan of postal money orders anymore now that the USPS has basically turned into a surveillance agency in itself.

Cash in the mail always works too. The tricky part is verifying trust on behalf of both parties.

Reactions: jarmstrong
Obviously a policy they meant to enact and thought better of after swift and drastic action. Try to walk it back all they want but they can’t wash that stink off. A company whose function is a 3rd party buffer has no business playing Team World Police. It’s your money. If it’s not illegal or fraudulent then their job is to shut up, make the transfer, and collect their fees. After Q2 this year they were $341 million in the red, stock down 52% and they apparently can’t figure out why with their “policies” the last few years. Time to make a statement the only way I can. Thanks again to y’all for the heads up.

We may have won a small battle in the war against implementation of a China-style social credit score in the USA, and perhaps other western countries.

The fact that many more people are aware of that agenda now is huge.

I hope this is not "political". I think it goes way beyond that. More like humanity versus whatever-you-want-to-call-it.

Reactions: BackStop
While some like the idea of checks for transactions, they too have their issues. Many years ago I was a victim of identity theft by someone who was able to open up a checking account under my name with a different address, the process of cleaning that up took months and made it almost impossible for me to write a check for years. I would never send any large amount of cash through the mail or delivery service. So that leaves me CCs or some type of pay service. Again not a fan of Pay Pal but sometimes there is little choice.

While some like the idea of checks for transactions, they too have their issues. Many years ago I was a victim of identity theft by someone who was able to open up a checking account under my name with a different address, the process of cleaning that up took months and made it almost impossible for me to write a check for years. I would never send any large amount of cash through the mail or delivery service. So that leaves me CCs or some type of pay service. Again not a fan of Pay Pal but sometimes there is little choice.

Try Zelle.... a buyer recently requested we use that. It was super easy to set up and the money was instantly in my bank account. I also found out they have pretty great customer service on the phone (I initially used a VOIP phone # to register the account which caused a temporary issue -- use a real phone # and no problems).

That's why I will NEVER use my bank/debit card for anything other than when I need quick cash from the ATM. Not to mention that once you submit payment via a debit card, the cash is almost immediately taken from your saving/checking account and you really have no recourse to stop a fraudulent transaction unless your bank/credit union is one of the few who actually protect their debit card users. And those are very few. IMHO

Last edited:
We absolutely need to stop using PayPal, google, faketube, fakebook etc. I don’t understand how people no matter what side of the fence you are on cannot see the danger of this push to censorship. Who TF gets to determine what is misinformation? I mean really are you kidding me. I take that as them saying hey you are a moron that can’t figure things out on your own so we will do it for you. Not to mention the literal shear danger when what is deemed misinformation can effect things such as your personal health. It’s just ridiculous. Let it all be said and we can figure out for ourselves what is misinformation.