No more PayPal for me (updated policy allows $2500 seizure)

I will keep this brief to avoid political commentary -- you can use a search engine and find the details on your own. But I will say the policy is totally at PayPal's discretion, and if they don't like what you have to say or what you believe, whether that be in real life, on any forum, social media etc., they can "sanction" you. AKA stealing your money.

PayPal has been doing this for ages, freezing accounts and seizing funds, but now it's pretty much official policy.

I am deleting my PayPal account and won't use it as an option for purchase/sale here any longer. I found out recently that the Zelle app works very well and can be set up in a couple minutes. Money right to your bank account, not some PayPal purgatory.

I Googled. Gatewaypundit says the $2,500 fine is for punitive damages for misinformation sent on paypal platform based on Paypal section 5:

1665251628037.png

Last edited:
Not sure at all way all retaliative newcomers ever used pp at all.
In now ancient History, Many (the vast majority back then) stopped using PP when they froze Marty at Silver Streak Sports (a great dealer/tuner esp. in the Career & such airguns) out of business. We all lost (more than 1 actually) a great dealer due to falling for their Newest latest greatest easiets ever way to pay bunk.
Relive and learn I reckon.

John

Wow, that snippet represents an absurd range of nebulous infractions that Paypal can bend however they want. Their sole discretion. Yeah, that capricious brand of punishment is never abused.

Brought to us by Paypal's legal team of Dewey, Scruem, and Howe.

I hadn't dropped them yet but that does it for me. Thanks for the heads up.

They freeze transfers or your account balance?

this isn’t exactly clear — paypal seems to leave the door open for them to reach into your bank account

It’s all legal being they are a private company and their user agreement is in plain sight. If you use their services you agree to their terms.

their new policy is way to vague for me, My account closes soon too. New policy goes into effect nov.6 I believe

I have never given PayPal, or any other third party access to my financial information. If two reasonable people can't reach a comfort level allowing payment by check, they need to find another buyer or seller. Just my opinion, I'm old and set in my ways.
My last transaction here the buyer paid by check and all was well.

Reactions: Mike_Lenardon
Friend of mine is in litigation with them right now. He had an account for 7 yrs & his largest transaction was $250 & he used it MAYBE 3 or 4 times a year. About 18 months ago he gets a $13,000 "bill" from them (identity theft) & they OK'ed the transaction because they said it fell into the normal parameters of his purchase history!!! Wait, WHAT?!? Scares the crap outa me, what about you? I make sure I never leave a balance in their hands & looking for other options for buying & selling. Zelle is probably the way to go for me.

• Wow
Reactions: HogKiller
I Googled. Gatewaypundit says the $2,500 fine is for punitive damages for misinformation sent on paypal platform based on Paypal section 5:

View attachment 295801
How does one send or post info on PayPal’s platform? Didn’t know that was possible. I’ll I’ve ever sent in the last 20 years or so is money. Thanks for the heads up, time to read the new user agreement and see if I’m staying. Those of y’all talking about Selle should dome some research. Plenty of recent horror stories on fraudulent use of that platform.

Reactions: Struckat
I quit using that bunch a couple years ago after they refunded an eBay sale without my permission or even bothering to ask. Operating on the assumption that people here and one or two other sites I frequent are basically honest I’ll send a money order of some kind or often, cash. Never had a problem of any kind.

Rick H.