N/A No more interest in PCPs

What do you like most in Huebens? The power? The innovative air powered action? The only thing that seems like it could be an issue to me is cleaning them. It seems like the best way is to pull the barrel. Not an every day task but still it seems significantly more difficult. I also like magazines I can put in my pocket. But I am confident they are nice guns.
I like that they are unregulated, that you can quickly go from super mellow to fire breathing, love the fixed magazine, the weight and size/power ratio

I rarely clean my barrels anyway,...........with the Huben I just shoot a couple cleaning pellets soaked with Ballistol then half dozen dry ones

Last edited:
Glad you found your "One" airgun Manny, i know you have gone through many(not a pun) before reaching this point.
I would like to get to that point where i can say.."this is it!..i don't want another"
but do you still look at accessories?? :unsure:
Mike
Apart for grips not really, my shorty is just perfect with iron sights I might look for a 1911 grip but the way I shaped the factory grip it fits me perfectly and really, really like it.

As for the mini-carbine she's also set, the BuckRail kit even if not perfect it 's really working out great and the scope I have on is all I need for my hunting.

So essentially no not really scouring the net for accessories either.

Ammo also I think ( unless a company comes out with a heavy -/+ 40gr wadcutter ) I'm done, love both the JSB MKII and the EunJin 43gr.

I totally get it! I couldn't be happier with the 3 guns I own. No tinkering, hardly any maintenance & confidence they're always ready to perform. I lust after nothing else. Curious about other stuff sometimes but no lusting after what I don't have. (BTW, always been itchy to, at least, get to shoot a Huben. You shooting pellets or slugs? )

Last edited:
I was interested in the GK1 when I started reading people's feedback. But the problem thread lists some complaints that have me waiting to see what develops. A pain to take down , barrel and mag mis alignment, if the pellets don't fit just right they can jam and slugs seem to be giving people problems . High fill pressure if you want the advertised specs. I've seen a couple in the for sale section already.

I'm not saying it's bad, just not for me at this time . I ordered a $145.00 Artemis .22 cal pp700sa to scratch my pistol itch . It's more inline with my needs and wants. I should be good to go after my pistol shows up . Lol

Reactions: Dairyboy
Wow those guns aren't cheap. But most people seem to love them. Glad you found your gun! But yeah don't ever just casually look through the classifieds. You might get sucked in unexpectedly
Those damn classifieds …..
I find myself making calculations…. For me best not to surf the classifieds

I was interested in the GK1 when I started reading people's feedback. But the problem thread lists some complaints that have me waiting to see what develops. A pain to take down , barrel and mag mis alignment, if the pellets don't fit just right they can jam and slugs seem to be giving people problems . High fill pressure if you want the advertised specs. I've seen a couple in the for sale section already.

I'm not saying it's bad, just not for me at this time . I ordered a $145.00 Artemis .22 cal pp700sa to scratch my pistol itch . It's more inline with my needs and wants. I should be good to go after my pistol shows up . Lol
I also have a PP700SA and have owned it for several years now. It's a great pistol and very accurate. I love the factory grip and trigger. It had many issues, but after they were resolved it is a great pistol. I have written several threads on it in the archives, but then I got my GK1s - - - - - there is no comparison

I also have a PP700SA and have owned it for several years now. It's a great pistol and very accurate. I love the factory grip and trigger. It had many issues, but after they were resolved it is a great pistol. I have written several threads on it in the archives, but then I got my GK1s - - - - - there is no comparison

I realize there in a way different league and priced accordingly. The gk1 is an engineering marvel . The 700sa will be compared to my Prod when it shows up. Taking into account the $300 price difference. And I like to tinker so it should be fun .

I felt the same way as nomadic pirate does when I got my first Vet . Had to have another shorter version . And nothing much grabs my attention. The DRS or a Huntsman would be nice for hunting . But my Urban does a good enough job I don't really need another rifle .

Those damn classifieds …..
I find myself making calculations…. For me best not to surf the classifieds
Honestly there's isn't one single PCP nowadays that even remotely interests me,.....then we go to the other subject that like in the past I basically no matter how many guns I have I want them to be of the same platform.

Honestly there's isn't one single PCP nowadays that even remotely interests me,.....then we go to the other subject that like in the past I basically no matter how many guns I have I want them to be of the same platform.
I'm with you there. I have 6 krals, all custom, and it's kind of like "why?"

I know them in and out and the ones I have all perform well. I'm also working on 2 crosman builds again. I sat myself down last night after seeing this thread and said it's time to thin the herd.

I'm going to sell off a couple krals and put that towards my daystate revere and call it quits. Figure that gives me the heirloom gun, and the krals will be the take into the woods guns. One is sorting out to be a tack driving slug gun, so that's definitely staying.

Maybe there is an FX DRS in my future, maybe not. Everything else on the market is in some form a reiteration of something else, or priced out of my range. I don't really see anything new or exciting on the horizon that is going to be a game changer anymore.

Maybe a pcp minigun.....

The Hubens are not readily available in Canada but it seem that you can buy them directly from the manufacturer.

I'm at a funny (strange) point in my second coming to airguns.

I've bought airguns for specific applications and disciplines. Find now that I have a couple of duplicates and more than I really need but they are paid for and I'm not inclined to sell them.

Like the OP, I've (mostly) stopped reading about the new airguns, being happy with what I have. I say "mostly" as I've been looking at a .22/600mm FX DRS thinking that, fitted with a compact MTC Copperhead it would be a nice light squirrel stalking rifle.

Reactions: airgunner53
Well what I'm trying to say......

Lets go back a minute, for almost 2 decades into PCPs I sure had my favorites but I still loved to read and follow other guns, loved to follow new guns coming out and so and so now,

Since I got my Hubens I really don't spend hardly any time reading about other guns, I might chime in once in a while if I see something that looks very nice but in reality I lost all interest in any other gun.
I feel the same way. I got my GK1, K1, and a western rattler 357 if I need something bigger. Nothing else interests me anymore.

I understand the sentiment of this thread for sure because to a certain degree this is true in my case in that it's the first one I've had where i could say without hesitation "if I could only keep just one this would be it". From the moment I got into this hobby I was looking for a widely adjustable, unregulated, high powered well built (wood/metal) pistol with iron sights. Never occurred to me to hope for a revolver. That's just icing on the cake. Not to mention 17 round capacity, the ability to hold more air, and a great fit and finish. Aesthetically I actually think the walnut grip is beautiful I wouldn't change much about the gun overall. I understand why people find the diamond pattern weave a little odd but other than the pattern, it's actually kind of beautiful - has a semi matte finish, looks like graphite not plastic like the typical glossy coated checkerboard weave.

Like many of you all I've already said I don't think I would ever get tired of trying out new airguns, learning how they operate, how to make adjustments and fine-tune. I love the process of getting to know a new air gun and I have every bit as good a time shooting my Kral Empire XS, pp700, and Airforce guns even if they are getting less use.

Part of me feels like maybe airguns are just starting to get interesting again if this is the beginning of a wave of great pistols.

One more thing… The placement of the fill probe is perfect. For someone right handed if you insert the probe on the side with the gauge you can support it there on your index finger of your left hand while you rotate the magazine with your thumb and then fill with your right.

IMG_6421.jpeg

I feel the same way. I got my GK1, K1, and a western rattler 357 if I need something bigger. Nothing else interests me anymore.
A K1 and a rattler 357, if you are able to control them to be accurate for your shooting needs, should give you all you need: target and small game covered by the K1 and big game covered by the Rattler .357.

Very difficult to beat that couple.

Reactions: BABz58
A K1 and a rattler 357, if you are able to control them to be accurate for your shooting needs, should give you all you need: target and small game covered by the K1 and big game covered by the Rattler .357.

Very difficult to beat that couple.
Yeah I have my AR9s that I shoot with the American Eagle 148gr flat point and they shoot subsonic so basically just a bit more power then the Rattler .357 so I'm covered for hunting on that bracket if I need.

That is ultimately why I have no more big bore airguns and why after having set up my stock Huben pistol as a Mini-carbine I have no interest in other airguns,.............I will probably start a thread about my thoughts about sticking with only one platform.