N/A No more interest in PCPs

Welcome to the club!

While my interest in pcps in general comes and goes, my interest in obtaining another one or the newest one doesn't change, I am content.

Nearly every pcp released has some cat meowing about how its the...cats meow. Heck even the GK1's...this thread is 100% about how it is the sole reason someone is no longer chasing dragons.

I enjoy tinkering and sharing my findings/results far more then exploring the next bell or whistle. At the end of the day, its air pushing lead down a barrel, towards your sighted target, its not complicated and guns that make the process complicated are a PITA when something fails or breaks.

No airgun is perfect for everyone, but every airgun is perfect for someone.

K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid)

-Matt

• Love
Reactions: Dairyboy and Perle
I thought this thread was going in a totally different direction. Those Huben pistols look like they would be fun to shoot. And so do so many other PCPs. I'd like to try them all! My desire for them drops when I think about my actual use case. I have space to shoot 10M indoors so my FWB P8X is the right tool for that job. I use that for 10M matches at the range when my schedule meshes with the match schedule. I can shoot my P70FT at that distance but it's too powerful for the 10M matches and it's scoped so not the 'real' 10M rifle experience. The .22 PCP rifles I have are fun at the range. But if I'm going to a range anyway I could just be shooting powder burners. Still, there's a slight advantage to shooting airguns since there are free shoots on a dedicated range and they usually aren't too busy compared with powder burner ranges where there's sometimes a waiting list. I'd like to shoot more Field Target and even try some other disciplines. Sometimes it's just difficult to mesh with those schedules. And if I'm going to drive as far as some of those events are held I would usually rather go mountain biking or dirt biking than shoot. Maintaining these PCPs is another concern. If I put a powder burner away for a few months it's no big deal. After a few months a PCP could need new o-rings and/or re-tuning. I like PCPs but I'm not sure I should have any more of them.

Have a k1 in both calibers and a gk1 in .25. I do really like my challenger bullpup .45 with upgraded power valve and I do like my don cothran .457 pistol. The rattler .357 is the only pcp I don't have that I would like to have ATM. I'm not a huge fan of it's looks though. I prefer the aesthetics of tube guns over bottle ones. Hoping some day huben just makes a .35, but not holding my breath. I saw that a rattler sold in the classifieds for 1900, wish I had noticed that sooner, would have gone for it.

I feel the same way. I got my GK1, K1, and a western rattler 357 if I need something bigger. Nothing else interests me anymore.

Lol - same - multiple Rattlers and Sidewinders - don't worry though - Rattler .45 is coming soon - already pre ordered mines.

No different than the PB world, there was a point I had dozens upon dozens of the same platform... it was like ... why....

I'm sorry to hear that
Thanks,...it's OK I had a great run, always had to really be careful with budgets and how much I could afford to have invested since I'm not anywhere near being wealthy but now it's just a bit more, I also have to sell a bunch of firearms and my beloved E-moto.

Lol - same - multiple Rattlers and Sidewinders - don't worry though - Rattler .45 is coming soon - already pre ordered mines.

No different than the PB world, there was a point I had dozens upon dozens of the same platform... it was like ... why....
Probably a stupid question, but... PB... what's that stand for? I thought it was 'personal best' but using context clues I'm pretty sure that's not right, at least not in this context, lol.

Thank you! That makes sense now. You would think coming over from shooting mostly 22 LR that would be something that I had heard of before, or, maybe its more of a airgun term I take it?

Been shooting "Powder Burners" all my life - not a term I remember hearing till really got into air guns in the mid/late 2000's

Reactions: Trent A
Been shooting "Powder Burners" all my life - not a term I remember hearing till really got into air guns in the mid/late 2000's
Haven't thought about it before but I guess I have been shooting the PB's for almost that long, considering I started shooting them really young. I have shot springers for a long time but PCP all together is a relatively new concept for me. Love it now that I know it exists!