No more $100 springers?

Been out of airguns for a bit, but I pulled out my PCP's and got them all tuned back up over the last few days. Got the springer bug and want to learn tuning, so I went looking for a cheap $100 springer. Maybe it's inflation, but I don't see anymore of the $99 specials that I saw a couple years ago? Crosman, Gamo, and Xisisco used to have a myriad of $99 springers, no?

Reactions: Bolillo
Xisico has been out of many for quite awhile but you also have to remember they come from China which tends to be the biggest issue.
Gamo: Midway has the Varmint on sale right now for $91.25 but there's only 1 left: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1017097590?pid=312854
Hatsan although you didn't mention them usually has refurbs cheap when they do have some: https://hatsanairgunsusa.com/product-category/refurb-deals/
Crosman: try the Crosman site themselves. You can also wander Fleabay, Amazon or even drop a WTB ad here or any of the other forums you
may belong to. Someone might well have something buried in a closet or gun safe collecting dust.

The air tact is 34 bucks or something like that plus shipping. I think the total cost to me was 50 or 60 bucks. I tuned it up and gave it to the churches royal rangers which is kind of like boyscouts. I highly recommend buying those if you can wait a couple of weeks to have them come in. Make sure you sign up for an email when hatsan has one in. Check your email every day because it's first come first served. Good luck buddy.

No problems yet with the two refurbs I got direct from Hatsan. Haven’t gambled on one from a retailer yet. IMO The folks in Hatsan’s return department actually do their jobs. Not so sure about Cabelas and Midway. I also believe that if you buy direct from Hatsan they are more responsive to parts and warranty requests.

I saw where Chris posted a WTB ad in the Classifieds and said he'd prefer a wood stock so the AirTact may well not and there is no wood stock option for them short of trying to modify the 1000X Beech stock to try and fit the action in.
I have 2, got the first one brand new from a seller on Ebay for a touch over $100 when they first got released in the Edge style stocks. Made a deal with Hatsan to get my hands on the AirTact stock before they were ever released to the US market. So far not a bad rifle, accurate to the 30 yards I wanted it for and a 20fpe rifle with .25 cal JSB Kings but it made me want to find out how it was built so the 2nd was a HatsanUSA refurb I grabbed just to completely tear it down to see how they built it.

A few years ago this was the cheap gun rage. Bud's gun shop was blowing then out for $125. Slavia 634 .177. You had a choice of red or blue with the gray. Yep, they are real shooters.
20210415_154732.jpg
20210414_101353_HDR.jpg

Reactions: Windmill01