No longer looking just purchased one*Looking for a .357 for small game and deer?

I found one thank you for the replies******Hello, Here in VA to hunt deer with air it has to be a .357 or larger. I also would like to use it for small game as well. I am trying to get something under or around $1,000. Currently the Airforce Texan ss.357 and the Bull dog are the two I am interested in. Any recommendations? Are there other guns that should be a contender for this? Thanks in advanced.

Wilson

At least they’re making people in your state use at least a 357 caliber. There are some states that allow 30 caliber for deer which in my opinion is not powerful enough. If I was personally going to hunt deer with an air gun, I would use at least a 45 caliber. But there are a lot of factors involved. How many foot pounds of energy the gun has and how accurate it is and how well you can place your shot. If everything doesn’t fall in place you’re gonna have a Lotta wounded deer. I’ve seen some real idiot hunters In the woods during rifle season. When I lived in Maryland there was a guy right down the road from me that Took his son hunting for the first time to teach him. Well the boy come back to his father stand right before dark and his father shot and killed him. He said he mistaked him for a deer. I mean it was a horrible thing but how could somebody mistake their own son for a deer??

In missouri, we have to use at least .40 caliber for white tail. I don't think they allow airguns for elk yet.

It's a little sad, I have 2 .45s, and both can be out-powered by a tuned .357 bulldog. The winchester 70-45 is a complete joke of a .45 at 195fpe (power tuned! 175fpe stock), but the 909s at 300fpe is pretty valid for deer out to 75 yards or so.

I'm planning on migrating to a texan .45 carbine at some point.