• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

No longer a big Hatsan PCP fan

As a NEW member to this site and I too am looking to purchase my first PCP I want to thank you all for your honesty, I was just about to purchase a Hatsan and you have saved me from any grief. I would have hated to purchase a new rifle only to have my first experience be a downer and possibly convince me to quit shooting!!!

That could happen with any maker. Plenty of issues have been reported with the "best" brands. I have had excellent service from the Hatsan rifles I've bought and would not hesitate to buy another.

I had 2 Hatsans, 1 springer and 1 pcp, no more.I consider their cost as part of my education

I no longer purchase chinese or turkeys. I am too old to be satisfied with products that lack QUALITY

they can be improved, but I don't want to spend my time, sweat and $ on fixing them anymore

I don't think it has anything to do with which country PCPs are made. IMO it's just like any business that tries to reduce costs so that they make more profit. Most people don't realize it, but Hatsan is one of the largest gun manufacturers in the world (they are not just an airgun maker) and has all the modern CNC and other high-tech machines. I believe they are just cutting corners to maximize their profits.

If I may throw my two cents in...

When I purchased my Benjamin Titan NT springer a couple of years ago I didn't know squat about airguns. Today, what I don't know could fill a good-sized library, but one thing I've learned is that this is very much a budget-busting sport. I typically research the crap out of anything like this I buy because I simply can't afford to spend money on gear I won't want to use later. For some reason, I read some stuff about the Hatsan Flash QE that seemed like a huge step up from my springer, without busting the bank. Naturally, the support system costs have crept in hard. A hundred here for a hand pump, another buck and change for a used SCBA tank, etc. And I haven't even started to mod this thing. 

What I learned the hard way was how this thing works. I had all sorts of grief with the mags not feeding properly only to learn way into it, when I was pretty upset about the whole thing, that a critical o-ring in the breech was missing. Probably knocked it out myself with the brutish behavior I was using to try to seat pellets. But when I had a pellet in there and my scope was set, man did it shoot great. With the o-ring in place, feed issues are zero. Accuracy is excellent. Good enough that I'm going to hold on to this and try to see what I can do on a budget to make it even better. I took 200+ iguanas with the Benjamin, and I've got close to 75 with the Hatsan. Just started shooting the JSB Hades, and wow, does it blow up some iguana.

When all is said and done, if I had the bucks, I would definitely want one of those beauties we see here that cost well into the thousand-dollar-plus range. I can't reach that, but God bless them that can. Whatever you have, just shoot and be happy!

so true! and upgrade when you can lol

Agreed. Or if you "need" to upgrade. I plan to buy a Daystate Pulsar and an FX Impact. Both are guns I've watched for some time and would like to own. I'll still have the excellent shooting and so far very reliable Hatsan Gladius that cost 1/3 (or less) than either of the above. And I've read of issues with both of those very expensive rifles. All relative.

Good to have choices and options for whatever level of shooting one wants to become involved in.

I bought my Flashpup for $340 NIB from a dealer, and while there were some cosmetic issues for which I could probably have sent it back for, so Hatsan could have included it in one of their refurb sales. No excuses it shouldn't have gone out like that. Would I buy another? No doubt! Only from the flash series though. And that has little to do with quality or price. It's WEIGHT. Most Hatsans are artillery pieces. Fine for off the bench but most of my shooting is offhand. 

Next gun will be a Mini Raptor once they get more in the public domain and I can see what the folks using them think about them.