• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

No longer a big Hatsan PCP fan

For years I have been a big proponent of Hatsan because when they get it right they are the best value for money spent. You can tune and modify them without buying after-market parts except for a regulator and they are as powerful and accurate as any PCP. I own Daystates, FXs, Raws, Edguns, Kaliberguns, Ataman's, Brococks and Airarms so when I say this it's not that I don't have exposure to high-end guns. I recently bought one of the new NovaStars and noticed that it didn't perform near the level of my Nova in power or shot count. So I had my friend Rallyshark look at it. You wouldn't believe what he can do with Hatsan PCPs. He called me and gave a list of shoddy workmanship and cost-cutting measures that Hatsan put in the gun. Parts were already failing and the gun had less than 200 pellets through it. He was able to correct the mess they made and make the gun into a beast (50 shots at 60 fpe on a 200 bar fill), but knowing how they are cutting corners now, I can't recommend their guns to anyone anymore.

I've been a fan boy of Hatsan break barrels for some time, but I had an issue with the Quatro trigger on one of my guns. After many days of frustration, I finally diagnosed what was going on. There is a wire retaining piece that had been redesigned to use ~1/4 of an inch less of stock for the wire piece. This retainer linked to the safety lever and was intended to provide a lock to place the safety on or off. With the redesign, this wire retainer would shift out of place and the safety lever would become mushy and not allow the gun to shoot.

The original design had a "hump" in it that prevented the wire retainer from becoming dislodged.

Don't get me wrong. Hatsan's are some fine pieces of equipment for the money but it does seem as if someone is watching the bottom line. So sad to see...

Can you share the list of shoddy worksmanship and cost cutting measures

The anti-debounce device was already splitting, the pellet probe too short to properly seat pellets, a place on the cocking arm was reamed out and the screw holding it was loose and one of the trans port o-rings were the wrong size. Just a lot of QC issues that they overlooked. BTW Donny said that the Flash is so simple that it's a solid platform. He has his 177 shooting almost 50 fpe with slugs. He put a LW polygon barrel on it and it's pretty good.

Thank you for the heads up, have been trying to decide what my first pcp gun will be, and I will take this helpful info. Thank you. Exactly why i joined this sight, to save me a bunch of time and money narrowing down my search.

Im looking for my second pcp and decided to wait till i go to an airgun show in october to make my choice after i look and handle a few in person! that would be my recomendation!

I just bought a Novastar in .22 a little over 2 weeks ago gun shot great but had a issues cocking and firing. Figured trigger needed but that was not the case. So sent it back to PA with no problems and got another. The second one did need a little trigger lube and adjustment but other then that it shoots great and is a great looking gun. 
1565698969_12237099355d52ab995873e9.04710053_A3D96C25-DA8E-4FC7-AB21-E5C757BD25C9.jpeg

And I was looking at the Vectis lately. The plastic doesn't bother me since I'd be hunting with it. Still on the fence.

I might have been unlucky to get a Friday gun or something. I have had several Hatsan PCPs over the years and still have a few. I have been happy with my guns, but I have seen a lot of people having trouble and with the issues with the new gun, I just think they are starting to slip. There's no way they should have missed the issues with the NovaStar if their QC checked it.

Can you share the list of shoddy worksmanship and cost cutting measures

The anti-debounce device was already splitting, the pellet probe too short to properly seat pellets, a place on the cocking arm was reamed out and the screw holding it was loose and one of the trans port o-rings were the wrong size. Just a lot of QC issues that they overlooked. BTW Donny said that the Flash is so simple that it's a solid platform. He has his 177 shooting almost 50 fpe with slugs. He put a LW polygon barrel on it and it's pretty good.

Thanks for the list.

That flash is a mini cannon! Hopefully the newer production Flash doesn’t have those QC issues.

shoddy workmanship and cost-cutting measures that Hatsan put in the gun. Parts were already failing and the gun had less than 200 pellets through it.

The Bean Counters Strike Again!

They can't leave well enough along. They do these cost counting measures to impress their boss and they in turn get a % of the savings they are saving for the company.

It's always about money and GREED!