• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

No Hatsan Love around here ?

I've just scanned through 12 pages in this sub forum and haven't run across one thread discussing the pros or cons of Hatsan air rifles, there's plenty of mention of other brands good and bad, but Hatsan doesn't even draw an honorable mention, I'm fairly new to this forum as is my renewed interest in air rifles, so what am I missing about Hatsan ?

I was reintroduced to Air Rifles last spring and have been enjoying shooting them ever since, I have a Sheridan 5mm pumper and three nitro piston break barrel's, two in .22 cal. and one in .177 cal., I've been thinking of trying a spring powered air rifle, being pretty fussy about my guns (I can't get into plastics or powder coated surfaces), rich looking wood stocks and deeply blued metal are more my thing, in doing a bit of research I found that Hatsan mod.95's are quite popular in either power system (gas or spring piston).

So, it leaves me a bit puzzled as to why they pretty much seem to be ignored on this forum, anyone care to enlighten me ?
Hey Guys,
I've tuned about 15-17 Hatsan Springers (models 95, 135 & 1000x) and can give the Pros/Cons:
I bought many Hatsan 95's for $75/$110 making them a very good entry level gun to be fiddled with.
Pros:
1) Great value
2) Nice looking guns (especially if you get a nice Turkish Walnut stock).
3) Power
4) Stock can be reshaped/refinished easily.
5) Can be pretty accurate if reduce power a tad and or concentrate on shooting technique.
6) Perfect guns for beginning shooters wanting power/looks above fit/finish/accuracy.
Cons:
1) Excessive recoil/Power (IMO they need to be de-tuned a bit).
2) Heavy
3) Bulky stocks (unless you have large hands).
4) Lesser quality design/parts quality (many misc. parts tend to bend/mar easily).
5) Customer support lacking (you need better be prepared to be the warranty/fix/modify).
6) Can be very frustrating to gain great accuracy - guns need to be reined in a bit.

Hatsan951.jpg

Hatsan135.jpg

Hatsan95.jpg

Reactions: Star7
I read the first page, got tired of the BS bashing, jumped to the end. I have a bunch of Hatsans all refurb $49-$114 to my door. With the exception of 1 failed gas ram, (my first hatsan mod 125, lasted 7 years before it went flat. ) they are all quite accurate and VERY deadly. I enjoy tinkering so, to me, Hatsan is a very good value. Power to weight ratio is about as good as it gets, and that means alot to me. Heck, I've not even had any of the cheap Hatsan scopes fail yet, screw the bell ring off , adjust parallax, good enough. Target guns NO, hunting/pesting guns ABSOLUTELY. I'm giving this one to my BIL this weekend. (he's got a gopher problem) It's an 87qe vortex in a modified 95 stock. 7lb 13oz with scope, quattro tuned to 1 1/2 lb zero creep, plenty acurate, 20 FPE/800 fps RWS super H. I'm not a Hatsan fan boy, per se, but I appreciate them for what they are and can be. One of these days I am gonna do a full on refurb rifle make over, (i'll likely have $100 ish into it) just haven't quite got to it yet.

Hat 87 carbine 2.jpgHat 87 30 yd.jpg

Last edited:
I read the first page, got tired of the BS bashing, jumped to the end. I have a bunch of Hatsans all refurb $49-$114 to my door. With the exception of 1 failed gas ram, (my first hatsan mod 125, lasted 7 years before it went flat. ) they are all quite accurate and VERY deadly. I enjoy tinkering so, to me, Hatsan is a very good value. Power to weight ratio is about as good as it gets, and that means alot to me. Heck, I've not even had any of the cheap Hatsan scopes fail yet, screw the bell ring off , adjust parallax, good enough. Target guns NO, hunting/pesting guns ABSOLUTELY. I'm giving this one to my BIL this weekend. (he's got a gopher problem) It's an 87qe vortex in a modified 95 stock. 7lb 13oz with scope, quattro tuned to 1 1/2 lb zero creep, plenty acurate, 20 FPE/800 fps RWS super H. I'm not a Hatsan fan boy, per se, but I appreciate them for what they are and can be. One of these days I am gonna do a full on refurb rifle make over, (i'll likely have $100 ish into it) just haven't quite got to it yet.

View attachment 423666View attachment 423667
My own 87QE in a Model 95 stock. Nope, no HW or Rekord trigger but a little work and it's a very good pest wrecker. Just one of quite a few Hatsans and Turk built Webleys I own.
As long as it works for you and does what you want, what difference does it make what it costs and face it, pests can't tell the difference lol.
87 refinish 14.jpg

Last edited:
Those are some good looking Hatsan MR Groove, I bet they are plenty accurate as well.
Thanks Stu,
Yeah, they looked great and would make nice pesters, but I sold them back in 2016/2017.
The Hatsan 95 is likely the best bargain gun out there especially if you get a refurb cheap.

Once, I handled/shot a Weihrauch ..... the Hatsan's were gone. Great budget gun w/ power.

I am an idiot that absolutely loves airguns....and I wanted a Webley monster springer but didn't want to pay the tariff. The dang 135 was seemingly on endless back order so I placed a BO with Pyr for a 135 in .22 back in 11/23. It came in last week. The stock is quite nice, perfectly inletted, and doesn't need instant refinishing (I have a house full of walnut AA Tx's sigh). The rifle had what felt like a smooth barrel well coated with asphalt or something similar. After cleaning and a few shots, I ran 10 over a chrono and got 22 ft#. Well, maybe that will improve, I hope. Out of the box it weighed 9.6# so I put a minimal red dot on it and tried it out at 11m. It easily drops a variety of pellets in one hole. I haven't had time to get to a longer range but given my astigmatism fighting the red dot, I suspect any inaccuracy to be me, not the gun. The trigger pull is a quite crisp 8#, huh??? Eight pounds!!

Instructions say to turn "bolt #1" CW. I used a good quality Eklund driver, and the bolt rounded right off. $hittsky! There is a "scope stop" on the back of the pikatinny and both Phillips were mangled hopelessly at the factory. The front of the pikatinny droops forward so unless you need droop compensation (not needed on this gun) the front of the rail is not useful. Then I looked at the front of the TP from the breech and I think they must be drilling all TP for the 30 and then pressing in a very ragged restrictor for the caliber of sale.

Oh well, all of this can be delt with and it really does stack the pellets. For the money??? Well go to keystone airguns and buy a Fenix 400. But, as I said, I'm and idiot that loves AG and I am happy with the 135. But dear God, can't they use a screw made out of something stronger than cheese whiz?

And...where do I get this Polish spring that jacks this monster up? Power! I need it!

Reactions: Sawney Bean
I am an idiot that absolutely loves airguns....and I wanted a Webley monster springer but didn't want to pay the tariff. The dang 135 was seemingly on endless back order so I placed a BO with Pyr for a 135 in .22 back in 11/23. It came in last week. The stock is quite nice, perfectly inletted, and doesn't need instant refinishing (I have a house full of walnut AA Tx's sigh). The rifle had what felt like a smooth barrel well coated with asphalt or something similar. After cleaning and a few shots, I ran 10 over a chrono and got 22 ft#. Well, maybe that will improve, I hope. Out of the box it weighed 9.6# so I put a minimal red dot on it and tried it out at 11m. It easily drops a variety of pellets in one hole. I haven't had time to get to a longer range but given my astigmatism fighting the red dot, I suspect any inaccuracy to be me, not the gun. The trigger pull is a quite crisp 8#, huh??? Eight pounds!!

Instructions say to turn "bolt #1" CW. I used a good quality Eklund driver, and the bolt rounded right off. $hittsky! There is a "scope stop" on the back of the pikatinny and both Phillips were mangled hopelessly at the factory. The front of the pikatinny droops forward so unless you need droop compensation (not needed on this gun) the front of the rail is not useful. Then I looked at the front of the TP from the breech and I think they must be drilling all TP for the 30 and then pressing in a very ragged restrictor for the caliber of sale.

Oh well, all of this can be delt with and it really does stack the pellets. For the money??? Well go to keystone airguns and buy a Fenix 400. But, as I said, I'm and idiot that loves AG and I am happy with the 135. But dear God, can't they use a screw made out of something stronger than cheese whiz?

And...where do I get this Polish spring that jacks this monster up? Power! I need it!
Mine shot at 30 fpe using JSB 44.75s and 31 fpe using JSB 50.1's last time I chrono'd it and I've had it for about 6 years now. 22 fpe is pretty anemic for one of these. I'd personally try and return it if I were you.

And yeah, those Hatsan screws suck %$(^&$. How many cents would it cost them to use a decent grade of fastener?