No customer service anymore

wow , i hope michael discards this whole topic , i got deleted by him once for politics and im glad ! we need to get back to air gunning and whats fun and good about airguns ! lets leave frustrations anger and politics out and get back to why we come here , love of airgunning ! the rest of that crap is staring us in the face every moment of the day , this site is so interesting and fun , lets just get back to airgun fun !

I’ve not had good CS from AoA either. I ordered a Huma reg and some pellets and received zero notice that the reg was back ordered until my pellets arrived with an invoice that said it was back ordered for 6 weeks. I wouldn’t have gone through with the order if this were the case. They did not respond when I asked to cancel the huma and just sent it 6 weeks later anyways. I’ve still never gotten a response from them.

wow , i hope michael discards this whole topic , i got deleted by him once for politics and im glad ! we need to get back to air gunning and whats fun and good about airguns ! lets leave frustrations anger and politics out and get back to why we come here , love of airgunning ! the rest of that crap is staring us in the face every moment of the day , this site is so interesting and fun , lets just get back to airgun fun !

You hope he discards this whole topic? You were deleted by him once for politics and you're glad? Not trying to bust your chops but doesn't that seem a little like self flagellation? Customer service has degraded significantly over the last few decades and it's natural to point to the state of the country to look for the cause. Even some of the oft defended sacred cows fail more often than similar businesses some years back. I used to work in customer service/sales back in the 90's and would have been walked to the door for the same treatment many of these places dish out daily. 

Some anecdata: the company I work for has several developers working in India. At least half of them have moved on to greener pastures in the last few months, for significant raises. Like 30%-40% raises. My company had to raise India salaries across the board to stop the bleeding. The companies that are hiring them aren't replacing ex-employees that left to live on stimulus checks, because they're in India.

I dunno, maybe Covid woke a lot of folks up around the world, and they're saying, "The heck with it. I'm working too cheap, and I need to find another job."

Some anecdata: the company I work for has several developers working in India. At least half of them have moved on to greener pastures in the last few months, for significant raises. Like 30%-40% raises. My company had to raise India salaries across the board to stop the bleeding. The companies that are hiring them aren't replacing ex-employees that left to live on stimulus checks, because they're in India.

I dunno, maybe Covid woke a lot of folks up around the world, and they're saying, "The heck with it. I'm working too cheap, and I need to find another job."

I am so happy that someone has made this point. I am always amazed at how many people act as if America was the only place in the world with these problems. Every time I read how “the government” is paying all these people to stay home i wonder which people they are talking about. There are labor shortages in every part of the country, regardless of which party in in charge of that particular State, County or City (and let’s remember that the States, to a great degree, set most of their own unemployment and welfare policies.

In my opinion, on top of all the supply chain disruptions caused by Covid, and by other WORLD events, we have the recognition by a lot of employees (and potential employees) that working for minimum wage ain’t such a great deal. Add to that the fact that having to stay home during the lockdowns and office closures has opened a lot of eyes to how miserable their life had been with long commutes to jobs that weren’t so great to start with. So they look for new jobs. Or new locations. And more money. It also turns out that if you have even minimal skills there is someone who will pay you more to come work for them. And again, it’s not just here. This is not a Republican vs Democratic issue. Its not about US politics at all. It is a worldwide phenomenon. We often see it first, and maybe to a more extreme extent here primarily because we have a much more open system that most countries, both in terms of employee flexibility and willingness to change and also in the ability of companies to respond rapidly to changing circumstances.

you know you guys can get on the phone and give them a pice of your mind ! ive done it with them . ive came to a point with them if im in a hurry and dont want to see bo = 'back ordered " with a arrow pointing to it i get on the phone with them and make shure they check stock , they can get a little bumpy over there but do you want them out of business ? i dont . you know you dont chew your kids out in public do you ? ive had some of the same issues as you guys have had , in fact i have some stories that make me mad to tell because i re live it again YES from AOA, a few different times , and i got on the phone and explained how i felt , and they were not idiots about it , and if you bought from them 15+ years ago you would know how much better they are today ! so be good and take it up with them , and they are pretty nice guys so maybe be human with them , so any one have anything fun to talk about ??? lets start a new thread about ? have a good one guys 

HUMANS + RAMPANT INCOMPETENCE + DYSFUNCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY TO BLAME IT ON + BIOLOGICAL AGENTS UNLEASHED ON HUMANITY + "SUPPLY-CHAIN PROBLEMS" + "GREEN ENERGY" + HISTORICALLY HIGH INFLATION WAY BEYOND THE PROPAGANDA THEY'RE FEEDING US = WELCOME TO 2022!

Only one way things will EVER improve again; that possibility still several months away. The question is, how much more damage will be inflicted by then?

That's a whole lot of truth is a few sentences.

Airgunning is supposed to be a release; it's our reward after work, our time to blow off steam, and appreciate the outdoors. With all that has been going on the last 5 years it has meant more now than ever....

But when your "hobby-sanctuary-fun time" becomes tainted by the widespread dysfunction, it sends people to places and makes them act in ways they never imagined themselves. 

It's supremely unfortunate but here we all are.

Back on topic:

I have placed (3) rifle orders this week...

2 separate orders - Utah Airguns for a Crown MK2 Continuum & Saber Tactical chassis and RAW HM 1000X, Hawke 8-32x50, Eagle vision rings

1 order - AoA for a Daystate Delta Wolf .30, 0DB Magnum 30

2 orders have shipped and 1 of those shipped is already behind in one-time delivery. NOTHING seems to arrive on time anymore yet we still pay for "Guarantee" on time rates. 😔

Thanks again everyone for input. Update: Arizona Airgun made everything right. Overnighted everything. Hats off to them for the final customer service. They were short handed and didn’t want to mention it at the time. But Darren over there at AOA is out to help you in every way. He even called me on a Sunday when the office was closed. Above and beyond this guy is! And to the guys out there that thought it was a little short of me to get the gun and then hunt. Number one believe me I’ve done my homework lots of it. And number 2 by the time I’ve decided on which gun I want, you can bet I know what ammo shoots the best with that particular rifle. And I always buy the next best ammo for that particular gun therefore I don’t have a problem with that as far as setting up my scope and getting ready to hunt first shot I’m on the board three shots later zeroed in ready to go. Some of you got got a little testy under the collar. I’m sorry you have so much problem setting your guns. Thanks again everyone happy shooting!

But Darren over there at AOA is out to help you in every way. He even called me on a Sunday when the office was closed. Above and beyond this guy is!

I'm glad it worked out for you but Darren is the one who has been less than truthful with me in all the emails. So far he's made no effort to keep his word or make an excuse. He just ignores emails now after not doing what he said he would. I've placed an order there since but still no help from Darren.