No customer service anymore

Hey guys & gals, I’m kinda wanting to vent a bit and see if I’m the only one that’s had problems from these gun company’s. First company was Gamo Usa I placed and order with them for the TC-:35 I placed the order a week and half before I was to go big bore hunting. Before I ordered the Tc-35 I double checked to make sure it was in stock and that I would need it by a certain date. I would pay extra shipping charges if need be. Well after a few day I was calling looking for my tracking number which should of been sent. When I finally got the chance to talk to someone who knew what they were doing. I found out the gun was still in there warehouse. I again asked if i would receive it by the time in which I needed it. I was told no problem. Well two more days past I still don’t have a tracking number so I call Gamo Usa again. To find that it still hadn’t shipped this time due to weather conditions. I told them it should of been sent out there reply was they were short handed. So at this time I’m a little hot. So they tell me they would overnight it to me. I agreed to that. The next day still nothing. After notifying FedEx about my order they tell me it got left off the plane that it would be the next day now. I call Gamo to let them know what I found out. All they said was well at least you’ll have it tomorrow. That wasn’t the point. Now I missed out on the trip I paid ahead of time for why? Because I didn’t have a gun. Terrible customer service. So when I finally received the gun it wasn’t at all what the picture and description was. It was listed with a barrel length of 14.96 this gun looked like an elephant gun with its 27 in barrel. The shroud the covered the barrel had little holes in the picture to look like it was for cooling of the barrel. I know that it actually wasn’t need but I thought it looked tough like that. But guess what that 27 in shroud looked plain. So I called to see why I didn’t receive what they advertised. I was told they would have to get back to me on that. Two days later they did get back to me and told me that the model they had listed is an older model and I receive the new model and they will update their page. Next problem I feel the air up in it fire three shots and the check valve stayed open in the air leaked all out. I called Gamo explain the problem told him I can send a video to them and show them what was happening in hopes they would send me a new bottle with a check valve included . They told me I would have to send a gun back for their gunsmith to work on it and the timeframe is anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks and getting it back. Something so simple they could’ve had fixed by sending me a new one and I could’ve sent them back the damage part anyway would’ve been over with. Their customer service sucks so I sent the gun back for a full refund. Next I shopped around looking for a new gun oh by the way it took me two weeks to get my money back. So I was shopping for a new gun and I decided to go with Benjamin Bulldog 357. Contacted Arizona Airguns I explain to them the problems I just went through with Gamo USA in hopes we wouldn’t have any problems. Ordered the gun and ammo was told it would be shipped out on Wednesday and I will have it by Friday I received a tracking order on Wednesday things are looking good. Friday comes and I do not receive my order. Saturday morning I’m notified by UPS that it is at their terminal in Kannapolis North Carolina. I live 2 miles from there so I drove up there to get it otherwise it wouldn’t been delivered until Monday . Way off on the delivery date again here this is a new company now. When they go and get my package they come out with a box a small box. And told me that was all I had so I received pellets for the Benjamin Bulldog and no gun . I got on the phone right away and contacted Arizona Airguns to see what is going on. I sat on hold for 52 minutes when they finally answer they didn’t have any answers to where my gun was or what was going on. I was told I have to wait till Monday for the manager to come in so they could discuss what happened. So here I sit again problems after problems kind a looks like I wasn’t meant to have a big bore gun. It’s a shame Customer Service is not what it used to be. I will say I dealt with the pallet store, and purchased the avenger 25 caliber through them about eight months ago they were phenomenal and Customer Service shipping it out everything. Does anybody else have problems like this? Now I guess on Monday I’ll figure out where the gun is and if I decide to get my money back I’ll probably have to wait a week or two they have no problem taking the money off my car though . Just giving everybody a little FYI on places you might think about before shopping with them I’ll keep you informed what happens on Monday

Airguns Of Arizona are some of the greatest people I’ve ever dealt with. Always a pleasure to talk to. On the shipping end I have a daughter who is a sales representative for FedX. She tells of driver shortages and government regulation bottle necks that hamper smooth operations. There are a multitude of reasons for shipping delays but I believe it is seldom the carriers fault.....

Thanks everyone for your input, I appreciate it. To Airgunmann you said it I’m not sure why but so many businesses are really short handed. I live in North Carolina in a small area i too see signs everywhere needing help. There’s been some businesses close up because they don’t have enough help. The dollar general store use to stay open until 9pm the close now at 6pm until they get more people to work. I pray things turn around in this world. Wyshadow my son has several big bore air rifles and he kind of put me on the spot about going with him and his friend. I’ve used his gun many times. That’s how I made the decision on which one I wanted. 

It’s poor planning on your part. These things are not a firearm or Mathews bow that you can quickly dial in before a hunt. This whole pcp thing went off the tracks when a bunch of firearm guys recently migrated over. It was never like this before they all showed up and blew the top off everything. Now you have to plan way ahead and allow for things that were never acceptable before because of demand. It sucks but it is what it is because of us, not them. They are bombarded. 

AoA just doesn't keep their word. I've been emailing for over a month asking about the ZAN slugs they say they have. I don't want to order over the phone I like to do everything through a website so last email 3-4-22 I was told they have the slugs and will take pictures and add them to the website next week. "Next week" has come and gone and AoA still hasn't kept their word... at least they're consistent.

It’s poor planning on your part. These things are not a firearm or Mathews bow that you can quickly dial in before a hunt. This whole pcp thing went off the tracks when a bunch of firearm guys recently migrated over. It was never like this before they all showed up and blew the top off everything. Now you have to plan way ahead and allow for things that were never acceptable before because of demand. It sucks but it is what it is because of us, not them. They are bombarded.

All they have to do is tell the customer the truth. If they're behind just say so and give a realistic estimation of delivery. You make it sound like it's ok to lie to the customer rather than lose a sale. The customer is just buying what the seller is offering and they're somehow wrong for that? It was not poor planning for kamahalo at all, he paid for what the seller offered and the seller did not keep their end of the deal. Surely what you meant to say was poor planning on the seller's part because that other thing makes zero sense.

Let's stick to the facts here and not go off on feelings.

Thank you heavy-impact. That’s what I was trying to say but I wanted to tell to whole truth in the matter. But yes instead of loosing a sale they told me what I wanted to hear. I’m over it, just a learning experience. I guess what really bother me to is I’m disabled and these things aren’t cheap as you know. After a long time of pinching pennies I was finally able to get one. Or at least try to get one. Thanks again to all. Hope you get your zan slugs heavy-impact

Poor planning on your part for not ordering sooner.

Why is it the company's fault when the shipper causes the problem? Once it leaves the sellers hands they have no control over it.

Why do these types of posts always start or end with I'm disabled, on SS or poor? What does that have to do with anything? Most all of us are spending hard earned money 

All they have to do is tell the customer the truth. If they're behind just say so and give a realistic estimation of delivery. You make it sound like it's ok to lie to the customer rather than lose a sale. The customer is just buying what the seller is offering and they're somehow wrong for that? It was not poor planning for kamahalo at all, he paid for what the seller offered and the seller did not keep their end of the deal. Surely what you meant to say was poor planning on the seller's part because that other thing makes zero sense.

Let's stick to the facts here and not go off on feelings.

You are correct to a point but seem to lose sight of who is at the mercy of who. Yes, the customer could flip the script but we both know that will never happen. As far as feelings go, entitlement is a feeling too. But I think because of demand, the right hand might not be able to keep up with the left. I’m sure we share the same feelings that eventually that excuse is going to wear thin.

So many of us have gone through what the OP just went through at least to some extent over the last 2 years or so. I’m not blasting the OP, just saying with how things are now, especially with shipping, being spur of the moment is a gamble. Heavy Impact mentioned dealers just being honest about what they have in stock. I’ve seen guys complaining about this quite often too. It’s very frustrating so you just have to plan ahead or be patient. It’s a bummer.

michael is going to remove us if we get stupid with politics ! its probably not a good positive thing to go after the guys that keep us shooting and having fun , if you have a complaint with a vender you you should take it up with them , those guys at AOA are very good guys , i have delt with them and had small issues but at the end of the day they did their best and have gotten WAY better at what they do , i would be telling a lie if i said they ever took advantage of me . what they have done was take care of me always , for close to 20 years they have done me right along the way , they have gotten much better over the years from trying hard , i hope your being right with them , no one is perfect 

HUMANS + RAMPANT INCOMPETENCE + DYSFUNCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY TO BLAME IT ON + BIOLOGICAL AGENTS UNLEASHED ON HUMANITY + "SUPPLY-CHAIN PROBLEMS" + "GREEN ENERGY" + HISTORICALLY HIGH INFLATION WAY BEYOND THE PROPAGANDA THEY'RE FEEDING US = WELCOME TO 2022!

Only one way things will EVER improve again; that possibility still several months away. The question is, how much more damage will be inflicted by then?

Wow. That's quite a lot of problems. Have used AOA and they have taken care of me and any problems. No questions asked. The only thing I know shipping is like rolling dice at present. Have had packages (even medication) reported to be in our local shipping dock only to be sent back out to another state and return back 3 - 5 days later. That has happened with the 3 most common shippers several times. My favorite is an email that says "please contact the shipper for address is wrong" and the package has never (by their records bee out for delivery. Flustrating as it is it's something you have to put up with for now. Just try to plan around it and hope for the best or drive to a store and pick it up. Make me half angry thinking about.