• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

No contents in my Fx moderator?

All of the FX Mods are empty. The only time you will get one from FX that has anything inside will be when you get one of the DFL units, Donny Fl.

Some of the older rifles may have had baffles and what not, but anything newer are empty.
I didn't realize that. I hadn’t seen a moderator until my first PCP, a year or two ago.
These rifles were my entry to PCP airgunning, and the reason I bought a Crown. Lol
I've actually been looking at Fx's for over twenty years, since I used to drive sweedish made cars.
😀

View attachment 20210923_210908_65414214849__48E8E87D-60F2-4DE3-A109-C40B2353F2A9.HEIC

The Ataman BP17's suppressor "can" is also empty.

I tried a few things to make it quieter. all failed.
Then...
I filled it with gears, all-thread, and springs. That worked. Made a big difference.

Mike
Mine is really quite in comparison to all of my rifles, as is. The report from the impact in the pellet trap is louder.
Lol

That technology is actually called an expansion chamber. It works quite well as long as you can get enough volume. . If you want to improve the performance line the inside of that chamber with something like canvas or denim wrapped around something like a hair curler to keep it from getting in the projectiles path.

Reactions: .20calguy
The Ataman BP17's suppressor "can" is also empty.

I tried a few things to make it quieter. all failed.
Then...
I filled it with gears, all-thread, and springs. That worked. Made a big difference.

Mike
Hi Mike. Would you explain the, "gears, all-thread and springs" mod you performed to a "can"?

Thanks, Brian
gears, all-thread, and springs"

I modified the FX moderator that came with my Crown MK2 as well. I 3d printed this baffle from Thingiverse, trimmed it down about 2mm then wrapped it in felt. In comparison to a 0db 110c, this was a tad quieter; 72.6 db vs. 73.0 db. I've got a DonnyFL Tanto and Huma 40 but haven't tested them on the Crown yet. This mod works quite well so I'm not too keen on changing it yet.

FX Impact Moderator Baffle

One of the best moderators donny makes is the fx version...it's that in between size that really looks great. I own two of them and they are on atman bullpups.

"In between size" sums it up. Have a Dreamline GRS on the way and was looking for moderator that suited its' dimensions. I imported a picture of the Dreamline into Photoshop, then some moderators and scaled them appropriately. Everything was either too long or too short or too fat or too thin. And, really, finding anything below 6" that isn't rail thin is a surprising challenge.