• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

no communication from fx for their customers

hey everybody
i come from france so sorry for my english
i just to have a fx 500 regulated and i have tried to write many time to fx factory but i ve never had a reply..
i am not happy with their communication!!! 
airforce factory (i have airforce talon p too) reply each time and chinese spa factory too...the only one which never reply, is the high brand pcp!!!it s not normal!!!!
you cannot ask to them to buy spare parts for you gun..for me it s a huge deception!!!
they will lose lots of customers if they keep this way

Merry Christmas! Your English is fine. Did you buy from:
Armes Bastille or
Tir-Loisirs or
?

Are there really 2 ( two ) licensed Importer's for France? Any other avenues to obtain FX ( or other airgun ) products? We all like knowing these things.

What parts do you need? It might be someone here has what you need just collecting dust. 

I don't own any FX but it does seem in the US you must deal with their (FX) Importer for any and everything, sometimes waiting. Likely partially a legal thing - so many law's in so many country's , maybe it's legal to ship an "X" but not a "Y" or "Z" so it is much easier to say NO parts sales except through dealer/importer.

I certainly do agree it is not the very best business example to just ignore emails & such ( yes I'm certain every airgun manufacture gets many) but it would to me be a very souind business move to at the least have a nice form letter or two saying " ... appreciate you inquiry---- please contact xxxxxxxxxxx for you needs in this matter. Thank you very much The Smooth Twist Guy's...." or such. 

I received an email from a US airgun manufacture this week saying my rifle was about ready and would I call just to talk about it and make sure everything was as I wanted it,- I hadn't really made any special request's, just picked my cal. and the stock design I wanted- I called and spoke with the owner who pick's up the phone. Now that wont make me shoot any better than I already do or do not shoot but, it certainly is a nice way to do business and makes me fel really good about future support were it ever needed.

Look forward to seeing some posts from you, France is the Country I know the very least about airguns in. 20 J limit these days?

John
Liberty, TN

thanks for you reply it s very nice
i ve tried to contact them to order complete pin valve for my fx 500 regulated and full oring kit ( i think if i need to order a bigger batch directly from fx, it s not a problem but i don t want to wait too many time..and it s ofter the case with a reseller!!)
i don t understand why they couldn t sell to me parts there are no laws limitation for spare parts like o ring and pin valve...

spysir:
i am french but i live in belgium and here there are no restriction for airgun like we can see in france (you are right you need a license for something higher power >20j but with a license you can buy all firearms)
i ve tried to contact belgium reseller but they don t care about selling spare parts and it s not like AIR ARM brand (parts easily available everywhere)
so it will be great if FX could sell all small parts for their customers..on top of that there are no restriction on all europeen country for selling parts like o ring,springs,valve pin..

thanks for you help

If you visit their website, they point the support for the gun back to the retailers in the region and support for warrenty back to the shop that sold the gun.

Looks like they don't want to be directly involved with their customers. I'm really starting to rethink the choice I made to put a deposit on the Impact.

Taken directly from the FX Airgun site:
-----------------------------
SUPPORT 

Technical questions:First contact our retailers in your region, you can find a complete list here. If you can’t get the information you need you can try to contact us here. Please state where you are located and whom you have been in contact with. 

Warranty issues:Contact the shop were you bought the product.

You will find this is the case with quite a few makers, they will not deal directly with the public, you have to go through one of their dealers. It may have something to do with their contracts with the importers and dealers, selling directly to the public can undermine their sales and profit so I have a feeling their hands might be tied by legal contracts. I know Crosman does not have a problem selling direct to the customer but they are within the USA and do not need importers to sell their products. Things like this should always be taken into account when you think about buying any product, whether it is an air rifle or a household item, what are the availability of parts, how hard are they to get, are they expensive and how long does it take to get them and of course the warranty and support for the product, Neil.