No closer to a purchase

I’ve been researching compressors and determined that the Nomad isn’t worth my time - neither is a gun which requires one … narrowing the search to hand pump friendly Bullpup configuration (if there is such a thing) - looking at Flashpup - any recommendations or personal experience? I don’t need a tinkerers dream gun - just reliable and accurate in .22

A couple of my shooting buddies own a flashpup and the other has a avenger. The owner of the flashpup did buy it to tinker with..and he's still messing with that waist of time POS... everything about that rifle from day one was crap.. if I were you I would steer clear of that one. But the other buddy that owns the avenger has never had an issue and shot great from day one. He loves it. He doesn't hand pump it though. He bought a small compressor that he uses to fill a small 100 cubic inch bottle to 4500 that he fills his avenger.. both are 22 caliber.

Reactions: JG063
JG,
Good advice, so far, steer clear of the Hatsan, not a lot of love for that brand around here. Add Beeman Under Lever Bullpup to Dizzum's list of Benjamin Akela and Air Venturi Bullpup and you'd have the three I'd research to find the best for me. Bullpup is my preferred style and my FX Wildcat MK3 is a favorite, however, little pricey for a starter PCP. Best of Luck, WM

Hello I know you said you wanted a bullpup that is hand pump friendly have you considered a Benjamin Marauder rifle and adding a bullpup kit to it? The marauder is easy to work on/ customize if you want, it's , quiet, accurate, not overly expensive and can be found used often for a good price. There are after market kits for it, one is Craftsman Vit looks like a very nice kit just a bit pricy. Well just another option hope this helps Eric.

Not sure what one would consider hand pump friendly but I don't think handpumping is as bad as so many make it out to be. I jumped into the pcp game in 2016 and have been pumping until this day. I currently have 4 pcp rifles and one pistol with another pcp rifle on the way. My advice would be to buy the Hill hand pump and GO FOR IT!

Having said that, I do plan on a compressor and a tank some day but I don't forsee it happening soon.

Reactions: hitech
Hand pumping is really only a drag for me when first filling a bottle or if I shoot to very low pressures before topping off. It can also be a bit of a drag when first setting up a gun if you need to make lots of changes to scope or have any issue that requires lots of shooting. When is setting up a gun it’s really nice to not have to worry about hand pumping.

Somebody else around here once put it, you only have to pump enough to make up for the shots that you took since you last pumped. For my .25 aea (350cc I think?) it is about 30 pumps per magazine or 3 pumps per 48 FPE shot. I tend to refill every 2-3 magazines and don’t find it tiring. The gun isn’t one that you would want - i just mention it for perspective on the volume of air.

Reactions: Feinwerk
A couple of my shooting buddies own a flashpup and the other has a avenger. The owner of the flashpup did buy it to tinker with..and he's still messing with that waist of time POS... everything about that rifle from day one was crap.. if I were you I would steer clear of that one. But the other buddy that owns the avenger has never had an issue and shot great from day one. He loves it. He doesn't hand pump it though. He bought a small compressor that he uses to fill a small 100 cubic inch bottle to 4500 that he fills his avenger.. both are 22 caliber.
Thanks - the more I look, the more I don’t like 🤣

I only hand pump. I have a Hill and a asian made hand pump, they both work, but the Hill is better built and smoother. Guns, I have a Leshiy classic that is real easy to fill and a Brocock Compatto (semi-bullpup) non-reg'd version that is also easy to fill. I had many more guns and 2 compressors that are now all sold. I just decided that I don't shoot enough to keep and maintain compressors, fill stations, tanks and many guns, so I'm at square one which is where I started out many years ago. I think hand pumping is no big deal and if you get something with a small air cylinder, you should be good. Both of my guns are .22 and very very accurate. I like the Brocock Compatto a lot, it's the XR version, but any version would be great. Good luck in whatever you get. Keepin it simple is sometimes the most enjoyable part of this sport.