• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

No closer to a purchase

I swore many years ago not to ever get a Hatsan after I handled a couple,

I would look into Krals, really good guns at a very reasonable price and if you want them tuned Troy Hammer is a great guy and you will get a gun that last forever with support if you need.

The Monarch is the Kral model I'm keeping an eye to be in the shelves, Semi-Pup configutation so you can keep the scope as low as you want.

1657475098286.png
1657475098286.png

When hand pumping, guns with smaller reservoir sizes are far easier to top off. I do like @MrP said, and top off after every 2-3 magazines to distribute the effort. I do mostly pesting, so that means pumping only once every few days. For tuning and plinking, where lots of shots are happening, there's lots more pumping.

You asked about hand-pump friendly .22 airguns. This group has relatively small reservoirs. It's a compromise.
Marauder pistol, Leshiy Classic (discontinued), Edgun Lelya, Edgun R5m (slightly larger reservoir, great gun!)

When Handpumping reservoir size has no meaning,..NONE ! ( unless you pump from empty )

All it matter is, shots taken and power of the gun.

Let me make an example here :

You have two .22s with the same power output, one has a 500cc bottle the other a 180cc tube from full you take 20 shots from both........topping back up will take the same ammount of pumps, ......The size of the reservoir has nothing to do with the operation.

Of course the gun with the 500cc bottle will tease you to take more shots but that is on you, it doesn't mean the big tank is harder.

So again,....tank size means nothing, is all about the relation between power and shots taken.

Last edited:
The Daystate Regal XL .22 is a perfect hand pump rifle. Small reservoir, excellent fit and finish and extremely accurate. I hand pumped for a couple of years. Purchased bigger rifles and a couple of compressors.

Or you could purchase a really good springer and never need air. Weihrauch spring air rifles are incredibly accurate and heirloom quality. I can hit dime sized targets with my HW95 at 50 yards if I do my part. Insanely accurate and heirloom quality weapon you can pass down to your children.

Edited for spelling.

Looks like this one could be a good started dip your toes into the PCP world gun :

......and if you still thinking Pup :

Nattboy where did you order your Bull Shark and do they make it in 177?
Hello, I ordered my gun from a gun shop that I have done business with for forty years. I used to do a lot of hunting with shot guns. Any gun dealer that sells Stoeger shot guns and rifles should be able to order the Bull Shark air rifle for you. Yes they do make them in .177. Hope this helps. Bill

Reactions: Bowhunter73
Hello, I ordered my gun from a gun shop that I have done business with for forty years. I used to do a lot of hunting with shot guns. Any gun dealer that sells Stoeger shot guns and rifles should be able to order the Bull Shark air rifle for you. Yes they do make them in .177. Hope this helps. Bill
Thanks my friend appreciate you getting back to me.