Nitrogen fittings, Need Advice

I don't have the money to buy an airtank but I do own a Nitrogen bottle, local welding shop said a refill would be $25. I need to know what types of fittings I need to SAFELY fill my air rifle, Daystate Huntsman Revere. The fitting coming out of the gauge measured with calipers measures .500" it has a refrigeration fitting on it right now. The hose in the picture came off my hill hand pump, can I use that with the correct adapter fitting or is it not rated for the application in which I'm trying to use it. Can I fill the gun from this type of gauge or do I need another regulator between the regulator and the gun. Any help would be appreciated because I'm new to airguns, thank you. Any good sources for fittings. 

IMG_4247.1640124432.JPG

IMG_4252.1640124432.JPG

IMG_4253.1640124433.JPG

I can say I posted about using nitrogen..except I was using a 6000 psi tank...worked great..I also was concerned with safety and used a Joe B dual regulator.he helps sponsor the site his ad is above..also search the compressor form..its all here.

I don't see an advertisement above for a Joe B can you provide a direct link to his website. Thanks. UPDATE: I found it😬it's called TopGun Airguns.

Not to ruin your day, but I don’t think that bottle is adequate for your needs. You’ll need about 3000 psi to fill your rifle. I suspect that the 50 cf bottle in your pic is rated at 2250 psi max, maybe less.

Take the bottle to your welding shop and get them to evaluate it. May as well ask about 6k nitrogen while you’re there.

Edit: please note the “3AA-2015” stamp. Rated for 2015 psi.

Not to ruin your day, but I don’t think that bottle is adequate for your needs. You’ll need about 3000 psi to fill your rifle. I suspect that the 50 cf bottle in your pic is rated at 2250 psi max, maybe less.

Take the bottle to your welding shop and get them to evaluate it. May as well ask about 6k nitrogen while you’re there.

Edit: please note the “3AA-2015” stamp. Rated for 2015 psi.

Thanks for that info, the tank is full and I don't use it anymore for refrigeration, I thought it would be an easy change over but oh well, it was a good try. When I looked at the gauge I forgot that we are dealing with PSI and Bar and wasn't thinking that these rifles take such high PSI. Thanks again for the info that's exactly what I needed to know.

IMG_4250.1640136115.JPG

IMG_4251.1640136134.JPG

Your tank has been out of test since oct 2003 it is a 2015 psi rated tank so with the 10% overfill that is allowed puts it at 2200 psi I would use it to feed my compressor N2 then fill gun that way. Only other option is to get a nut /nipple cga 580 direct to a foster fitting and fill your gun to about 2000 psi no regulator needed just feather and slow fill, you wont get as many shots but at least you can use it.

you have most of everything you need right there in your pics, take the nut and nipple off of the regulator get an adaptor for your fill nipple on the end of you fill hose, probably 1/4" npt female to 1/8 npt female

All compressors have a single point of air intake in this case it is in the handle of the cs-2 it is a 1/2" NPT fitting were the N2 is fed in, I run mine at about 10-15 psi input from the reg on my N2 tank. this will fill a 210cc gun tank about 30 times or more there are 28,316 cc's in a single cf of N2. An added benefit is it is DRY no need for driers and your gun will shoot faster as N2 is a smaller molecule than what is found in Air due to the oxygen ,co2, water and some noble gases such as argon 

All compressors have a single point of air intake in this case it is in the handle of the cs-2 it is a 1/2" NPT fitting were the N2 is fed in, I run mine at about 10-15 psi input from the reg on my N2 tank. this will fill a 210cc gun tank about 30 times or more there are 28,316 cc's in a single cf of N2. An added benefit is it is DRY no need for driers and your gun will shoot faster as N2 is a smaller molecule than what is found in Air due to the oxygen ,co2, water and some noble gases such as argon

So there is an application for using my Nitrogen tank, very interesting. Thanks for the info👍 Do you have to be careful that the nitrogen tank doesn't run out so you don't starve the Compressor.

I knew the volume of gas flowing thru a 1/4" hose at that pressure would be enough to keep up with the volume of air the pump puts out. I can watch the needle on the N2 regulator fluctuate with the pump cycles and just make sure it does not zero out. Good luck with your new pump and now faster shooting gun. Nice thing is with N2 feeding it there is no need for a air drier on the output end.

Terry

@elwoodblues I got my pump and nitrogen bottle hooked up today. I replaced the gauge on the right with a 30 psi pressure gauge so I could have better control but it sure is not operating like I think it should, I set the outgoing pressure to 15 psi, the next time I go to use it I slowly crack open the bottle and the gauge goes all the way past 30 psi to the stop pin, once I start the pump the psi bounces between 5 & 6 psi, after I top off the gun and shut off the pump the gauge reads 15 psi. The only gauge that I could find for low preassure was an acetylene gauge, I don't know if that would affect the operation since I'm using nitrogen, I believe the gauge is just reading psi regardless of the type of gas. I wonder if since the original gauge was 0 to 600 psi if the regulator is not designed to be that sensitive at low pressures.

I am using 3/8" barbs with 3/8" air hose, I have one very small leak at the 1/2" NPT fitting, I put teflon tape on it twice and it still leaks so I will need to address that still. After you shut off your bottle does your gauge drop or is your nitrogen line to the pump sealed tight?

My pump is jumping around a little bit and you can tell the difference in sound when I'm adjusting the nitrogen regulator, so I'm not sure what is optimal for the pump because I can tell that the nitrogen pressure does sound like it has an affect on the operation of the pump due to the sound it makes.

I completely emptied my 162cc bottle on my Huntsman Revere and it took 4 minutes to fill and half that time to top off the gun after 55 shots, I like the fact that I'm not going to be dealing with moisture. In the short amount of time I've used it I thinks it's going to work out fine with a few minor tweaks. Thanks for your suggestion elwoodblues.

Mark.

IMG_4273.1641349842.JPG

IMG_4272.1641349878.JPG

IMG_4270.1641349898.JPG

IMG_4269.1641349942.JPG

The problem you have with the pressure settings is because that reg is built for a o-400 psi out put thats why the original gauge probably had a 0-600 psi range. This will still work but care must be taken or you will blow the low pressure gauge out. Changing the gauge doesnt change the out put ability of the regulator. Bouncing between 5-6 psi during fills sounds just about perfect. Once you have it set just turn the tank on and off don't mess with the regulator settings. be sure to turn off the tank as soon as you finish filling the gun or you can drain the n2 in short order. Enjoy your faster shooting gun with no impurities from Air

The problem you have with the pressure settings is because that reg is built for a o-400 psi out put thats why the original gauge probably had a 0-600 psi range. This will still work but care must be taken or you will blow the low pressure gauge out. Changing the gauge doesnt change the out put ability of the regulator. Bouncing between 5-6 psi during fills sounds just about perfect. Once you have it set just turn the tank on and off don't mess with the regulator settings. be sure to turn off the tank as soon as you finish filling the gun or you can drain the n2 in short order. Enjoy your faster shooting gun with no impurities from Air

I just got everything dialed in, my tank was really low so i just exchanged my bottle for a full one, you are correct it's a 400 psi gauge not very sensitive to low pressure but I got it set, if this 400 psi regulator gives me to much trouble I found a low preasure regulator online that I could buy for $100. But so far I have filled my riffle five times and it's working great. I changed the connection to the pump with an air coupler so I can unhook it to fix leaks or change the little filter inside the handle. Thanks again for the great idea

3/8" air coupler

IMG_4277.1641605355.JPG

low preassure nitrogen gauge, google image search.

IMG_4274.1641605424.JPG