• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Nirvana...Finally got my Wildcat back

So after 1.5 months at FX USA, I finally got my Wildcat .25 Compact back. Well actually, it's a new cat as FX replaced my old cat other than the stock. They are going to tear it apart to find out the problem. I think the air cylinder may have been out of spec. I had to wait for a shipment of AMP Regulators to come in from Mariestad Sweden. When the new regulator didn't solve the problem the decision was made to replace the rifle. FX must be working on improving the AMP Regulator. I noticed right away that the adjustment port was now concealed by the stock. And the rubber ball was now on the right side of the action. The air cylinder still has 2 x vent holes but there is no second adjustment grub, which I believe was for adjusting the venting. My original Wildcat .25 Compact was one of the first to arrive with the AMP Regulator. Complete surprise as I had already purchased a Huma Regulator. Long story short, the new rifle was firing in the mid 800 fp/s. So I turned up the regulator and adjusted the HS. Believe I have it on the knee and now firing JSB 25.39 at 925 fp/s. Thats good for me as it is very accurate and dead on between 20 & 40 yards.I also added a Sumo LDC and drilled out a port so I can make HS adjustments without removing the stock. I cleaned the new adjustment port with 400 grit wet/dry sand paper and sprayed some Krylon (all in one) satin black spray paint on a Q-Tip and finished it off. Looks like the stock came that way so I am pleased. I did get a brass Hammer spring adjuster which I screwed up tight to the original adjuster to keep it from moving. Or, at least, that is the idea. By the way, I did not find loktite on either the old or new adjusters. I believe FX has quit using it on the HS adjuster. Also, the brass HS adjuster is 4 mm where as the original HS adjuster is 5 mm. Man was I nervous about messing with the rifle once I got it back. However, didn't take long before I started tinkering. I will say that I am pleased so far. FX did the right thing. As they say, " Time Heals All Wounds".

1554215201_12268460555ca37121dfca49.29654627_IMG_0688.JPG

1554215526_20387391695ca3726661c825.57689351_IMG_0694 (1).JPG

Tx, Bob. Yup, my problem critters are night owls. Actually my deviation is pretty solid as well. I'm getting 28 shots at power. So after the 3rd mag I just juice it back up. Actually that is fine by me. Seldom get more than 5 rounds off when hunting. Staying sharp with accuracy accounts for most ammo usage. If I owned a rim fire, I would still have a PCP. Amazing how it can improve your fundamentals. Have a friend who is an avid, and I mean avid hunter, and is learning from firing the WC. Trigger time clearly improves accuracy. When it's in tune and in harmony, tough to beat the WC. Bye the way, nice to hear from Chuck again.

Nice setup! The WC is one of the best looking bullpups IMO and that picatinny rail looks awesome. Do all wildcats come with the pic. rail now or did you buy that separate?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

No. The picatinny rail is not standard on the FX Wildcat. I own 2 Wildcats and I agree, they are the best looking of the bullpups.

My Wildcats are also very accurate.