Ninja regulator

Hi folks 

I have a umarex gauntlet, and today after I filled it and push my first pellet in the chamber and it leak all the air out, I figure out that the air is coming out from the 1.8k burst disk but it's kinda weird because I haven't made any modification to the regulator to turn up the output pressure, the question is, do they fail by the use? If any one know about this issue I would appreciate any possible explanation to this matter

Thanks

Ruben

It's by no means a common occurrence but it is possible that the valve seat failed and passed full pressure to the output and blew it.

To check, first be certain that the bottle is completely empty. Go ahead and cock and fire the gun to be sure no pressure remains. Then remove the 1.8k burst disk and inspect the diaphragm:

If it's intact, try reinstalling it and see if it will hold pressure. I've had them to leak on occasion but it's always been a slow leak. It doesn't seal with an O-ring. The brass portion on the underside seals against the flat bottom of the threaded hole in the bonnet. Not a very forgiving interface. If either of them gets a scratch, it will leak. It takes a decent amount of torque. 55 in*lbs minimum but do not exceed 95 inch*lbs.