Nikon 3x9 EFR Target Scope--Suitable for Magnum Air Rifle?

Just wondering what the brethren has to say about using this scope (the Nikon 3x9 Target EFR model) on a magnum air rifle? They are supposedly airgun rated, but.... Are these really up to the task, or should I look for something else? I HAVE used these scopes on regular (powder burning) .22 RF rifles, and I really like them and have nothing negative to say for THAT venue. But, a magnum air rifle (this one is a Gamo Hunter Extreme PRO/.22 cal) can be pretty hard on scopes, so just looking for any opinions for that usage.

Reactions: HPP-Mechanic
Mine is on a HW95 and I intend to keep it there. If it goes belly up, I'll talk to Nikon. My guess is it will be fine on this gun, but I don't consider it a magnum springer. I'm not sure about the zero warranty, maybe a cash refund, repair, or if anyone has had to talk to Nikon since they got out of the scope business.
They'll give you a partial credit towards something they still make and even then thats only if they deem it not your fault

I do not have that model but used their scopes on Baikal MP513 which is a lite 22fp springer that makes the Hatsan 135 seem gentle. I had no problems, and they are very good scopes. But as the man says, no warranty anymore. I've used their pistol scopes on a Desert eagle .44 magnum and you would think that the slamming back and forth of the slide would dismember anything. No problems.

I have one on my AA S510. That’s about as stressful as sitting in the safe. They are great scopes but with the price they command these days I would spend a little more for the Leupold EFR. Having both I would consider the performance similar and the smaller size of the Leupold a bonus.

IMG_1026.jpeg

72099479784__EF46B410-4271-4CE6-B88A-AEBDBAB44678.jpeg

I still own a few Nikon EFR scopes, a couple of which sit atop break barrel air rifles (NitroVenom - Beeman R9) and they've held up well... though I'll admit I don't shoot these rifles everyday. These scopes were advertised as air gun rated and I did use one of mine on a 460 RWS for a while before I sold the rifle..... that scope sits atop the Beeman and still performs as it's meant to.
As with all my air gun scopes... especially spring guns, I prefer to center the reticle and keep it as close to center as possible by ring shimming or droop mount.

Just wondering what the brethren has to say about using this scope (the Nikon 3x9 Target EFR model) on a magnum air rifle? They are supposedly airgun rated, but.... Are these really up to the task, or should I look for something else? I HAVE used these scopes on regular (powder burning) .22 RF rifles, and I really like them and have nothing negative to say for THAT venue. But, a magnum air rifle (this one is a Gamo Hunter Extreme PRO/.22 cal) can be pretty hard on scopes, so just looking for any opinions for that usage.
I have the same airgun (was just shooting it today) and use a zero-recoil mount. For the power the gun puts out, it seems very mild mannered as far as recoil. I still dont want to find out if it kills scopes though.