• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Nikko Sterling Problem

I hadn't looked at this scope for a couple of years. When I picked it up, I noticed that the top half of the image circle was black. Looking back through the objective, it became clear that some large-ish part of the internals of the scope was detached and blocking the view. Looked like a black rectangle lying across the light path. I believe they have a lifetime warranty, although it may not be worth the trouble as it was just over $107, but I'd like to see what they would do. It's obvious that the scope hadn't been misused since there isn't a mark on it. I had it on my Cricket compact .22 inside a gun case. I got it through Amazon and sent a request for return to the seller as that's what Nikko said on their website, but I haven't heard back from them yet. Anybody have any luck with Nikko Sterling customer service?

The US distributor for Nikko is Legacy Sports. They are in Reno, NV. I sent a Diamond for repair. I got numerous excuses. They changed managers. They didn't get it (after admitting they had received it). It is Japan. It is in Custons. They finally replaced the scope. It took 5 months. This year I send in another Diamond. Here is what I was told. It is an obsolete model. We'll trade it for another model that cost about 1/3 of the Diamond. Their new flagship model is not imported. Every time has been a frustrating experience. I wish you luck. By the way, make sure you have the sales slip. Send a photcopy and document every converstion, and who you talk to. Good luck.