• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Nightpesters! Chime in please...

View attachment 296079

View attachment 296080

View attachment 296081

Ed! Ed?!? 😳

What have you done?!? 😱

I thought I could at least keep my nose (and wallet) out of the the thermal business....
Now I see those totally awesome, beautiful photos.... — what am I to do?!? This looks so much cooler than the gray-boring nightvision....

I am doomed. 😬 Terminally doomed.... ☠

Matthias

PS: You are such a notorious bunch of brilliant enablers.... 🤦🏻‍♂️

😄😄😄😄😄

Well, if the still photos didn't entice you, let's take a look at some video! 😀

Lava People:

Fusion People:

And a little something for you! Rodent detection during a raccoon hunt:

Nice!! Very nice!! 😄

So, to get pics and video like that, how much would I have to invest?

I'd be interested to detect the location of pigeons in trees during daylight hours. Range 10 to 30y. How would that look like?

Matthias
That may be a tough one.

When looking up into the trees, you also see a lot of the sky. The sky is very cold compared to the leaves of a tree, so the leaves are rendered hot, especially if they have any sunlight shining on them.

I'll capture some video today and upload it so you can see what I mean.

hey ct message me if you want to try out some different optics we close to each other , its always better to try instead of buying marketing optic which claime to do it all , but I can say tryong out a dozen or though nv and thermals , the ones with multible colors and a million things they do like some adjust for poi in wind and distance , just use one which has no features like this and also remember the higher magnification is only for marketing not real world , everytime you double zoom you lose 50% of resolution ,I know to be honest buy the best lens you can buy and are comfortable with , like with a quality day optic , the better glass is clearer and coatings mean alot in heat and sunlight , so it does matter

LOU

so the house is 200 yd and the bird is 127 yrs at 1x 2x 4x 8x notice how resoultion get degraded with a digital zoom , I use 1x hunting once in a while 2x , nothing beyond
herion 125 yrds halo.jpg
herion blk hot.jpg
2xwhite .jpg
herion2x.jpg
8x.jpg
deer ayn.jpg

house 4x200yd.jpg

Last edited:
You know my answer if you can swing it it's a great tool. Thermal has come a long way the last few years and have become more affordable still expensive it use to be $5000 for a OK one now you can spend $2000 for a middle to good ones. Is it needed of course not but again it's a tool that can help you spot think faster even if it's for a spotter and than get on it with the NV. Attached is a deer through bush and if I didn't see her eyes with the night vision IR light I wouldn't have known until I looked with the thermal. Other is a woodchuck at 37y, followed by 3 mice at 25y
Screenshot_20221009-223444_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221009-223409_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221001-170830_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221009-223946_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: N2 Shooter
Been researching thermal options as well. For small pests — I think I’ll keep them Wrath mini on the FX Compact and get the highest quality Thermal monocular that’s fits my budget. I figure having a thermal monocular will be generally needed and useful for scanning anyway. Wraith Mini gives a great day and night versatility.

Reactions: N2 Shooter