• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Nightforce nx8 4x32 or Element Nexus

Yes, the NF is better optically and will probably have a much better resale value, the NEXUS compares to the SHV NF range optically IMO, having said that it's significantly cheaper than the NX8, maybe 2/3 of the price point here so not really a fair comparison in that respect.

Take a look at the new ZEISS CONQUEST V4 6-24 if you want anotHer option, brilliant scope and they now PX down to 10, very bright image and some great rets and a very competitive price point.

I have a couple of Nightforce optics, including the NX8 4×32. It is a really nice scope for the price. I cannot compare it directly to the Nexus, so I can.only offer advice. That advice would be to look at all of the options that you want in a scope and reticle, and make a list of them. Then see which of the two scopes "check off" the most boxes on that list. For me it was the Nightforce NX8 optic in the MOAR reticle. The glass was so good I also got an NX8 1-8 LPVO as well and am not disappointed with either for their intended use.

The size and weight of the Nightforce 4-32 cannot really be compared, as it is so much lighter than most high power scopes. It is a dream in top of an already light airgun. You won't be disappointed. 

I love my NX 8 2.5-20. Just ordered 4-32.

Airgun hobbyist, do you use the 1-8 on an air gun? I have an old Swarovski 1-6x24 I might try to move to one of my air guns for fun.

It is a bit on the low side as far as power goes for long range precision shooting. But if I do my part the accuracy is there. It's weight reduction over the light NX8 4×32 is the real deal breaker on the Slayer. I'd bet that Nightforce will be coming out with an NX8 1×10 next, as that is the trend in LPVO scopes lately. This power level will be ideal really.

IMG_20210106_1654384932.1619276055.jpg

I bought a NX8 4-32 - it was inferior to all of the known "best in class" scopes for the price bracket / tier. Returned it after comparing side by side with a few of mine. The glass is a definite step down from the Trijicon/Delta clones, XTR3, MK5 HD, Razor G2, Cronus, and I may be forgetting a couple more. As far as weight making it a unicorn, the NX8 is only 1 oz lighter than the MK5 HD, which has a 35mm tube and the aforementioned superior glass. XTR3 has best FOV, Trijicon best clarity, and MK5 best contrast, but the entire tier mentioned is very, very close in all aspects. NX8 is not in the tier, except with regard to pricing.

I bought a NX8 4-32 - it was inferior to all of the known "best in class" scopes for the price bracket / tier. Returned it after comparing side by side with a few of mine. The glass is a definite step down from the Trijicon/Delta clones, XTR3, MK5 HD, Razor G2, Cronus, and I may be forgetting a couple more. As far as weight making it a unicorn, the NX8 is only 1 oz lighter than the MK5 HD, which has a 35mm tube and the aforementioned superior glass. XTR3 has best FOV, Trijicon best clarity, and MK5 best contrast, but the entire tier mentioned is very, very close in all aspects. NX8 is not in the tier, except with regard to pricing.

I'm sorry but I need to disagree with you, I own Delta Stryker 4.5-30x56 and Athlon Cronus 4.5-29x56 and in my opinion, they are a step down from my NX8 4-32x50.

B

Wow, very surprising. Are you talking airgun distances, perhaps? For me, at long range, the CA, edge distortion, mirage, simple resolution, parallax, and DOF were all closer to the old Ares BTR than they were to the Cronus, never mind the rest of the class. The differences were so great that I considered them objective differences rather than subjective. It became noticeable around 500 yards and just got worse the further we looked.

Wow, very surprising. Are you talking airgun distances, perhaps? For me, at long range, the CA, edge distortion, mirage, simple resolution, parallax, and DOF were all closer to the old Ares BTR than they were to the Cronus, never mind the rest of the class. The differences were so great that I considered them objective differences rather than subjective. It became noticeable around 500 yards and just got worse the further we looked.

Not surprising at all my friend we all different and what works for me may not work for you. Yes, I'm talking airgun distances and just to be clear I also talk about the overall performance of the scope, not just the glass. Just remember this is my opinion and I respect yours.

B

@kovacs, No disrespect to you or to any other readers but I noticed lately we got ton of “new” PCP shooter coming from PB world and I see bunch of topics talking about bigger is better because works in PB world. You guys need to understand we are dealing with different type of shooting here and .30cal or .35cal is not always the best option for long range shooting or scope that is super sharp at 500 yards may not be a best option if 90% of people will never shoot farther then 100-150 yards, and will prefer scope that focuses down to 10 yards, and it’s compact and x32 power (NX8😁😁😁)
Bunch oh knowledgeable guys here if you listen what the have to say you will learn a lot. 
Take care and have fun!

B