• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Nightforce ATACR™ 7-35×56 F1 RIFLESCOPE

There are people out there who drive a corvette and never go over the speed limit. But they get their thrill by getting to it quicker than the guy in a Toyota. Is the scope overkill yes it is but if that what’s you want go for it. If it meant your family was going to eat rice and beans for a month get a Argos otherwise Enjoy your new scope.

"Brian10956"There are people out there who drive a corvette and never go over the speed limit. But they get their thrill by getting to it quicker than the guy in a Toyota. Is the scope overkill yes it is but if that what’s you want go for it. If it meant your family was going to eat rice and beans for a month get a Argos otherwise Enjoy your new scope.
What he said!

A $500 scope would certainly get the job done but if you want a Nightforce and can afford it, why not?

I own an ATACR and it is an amazing scope. I also have nearly every scope in the Nightforce range, including a BEAST.

That being said, try to handle the Nightforce model C535 SHV. It is 98% of the scope for 50% the cost and it has a 25 yard Parallax. (I think there are also some FFP SHV’s avaliable now too.) If you’d like to discuss the differences, PM me and I’ll send my cell number. 

Compare the specs.
Weight: 39.3 oz vs 24, that's nearly 1 pound.
Length: 16.0 inches vs 12.4

I have the 3-24x52 on an AirWolf and it fits the rifle nicely.

I have the NF NXS 2.5-10 on an AR & it's nice glass, but the parallax is a PIA.

Unlike the March where the target is crisp and clear when it's parallax free, the NF image will be slightly blurry when the parallax is completely removed. No amount of adjustments on the NF will deliver both a clear target image and parallax free sight picture. Maybe the ATACR is different.

But, there's no question, IMO, there is no other optic that provides what the March does in such a small and light weight package - trust me, I've looked.

Not sure what to do. Optics planet says new NF atrc are crystal clear with paralax adjusted as well as the March scopes
They both paralax to 10 yards
They both cost alot
NF scopes all seam to be 34mm tubes. But there are rings available for 11mm rails. 
They both offer similar reticles that are fine and simple
Does us or want higher power than 24 for hunting squirrels, birds, small game out to 125 yards?

I took delivery of the Vortex Razor HD Gen 2 (4.5-27x56) yesterday; I definitely don't need it for an airgun but I want to because I can and because it's a piece of art that has all the heirloom quality. Just how it looks, how it feel in the hands, the firmness and the sound of the turrets' clicks and the crystal clear optic definitely worth the price tag. When going for the top tier, it's not about the practical aspect of the scope anymore, it's more of a collection piece in my opinion.

I bought Athlon Cronus for RF use and will soon receive it. Maybe I am going to buy picatinny rail for the Wildcat to go with the mount. I am also looking towards buying a centerfire rifle.

I agree with you, and I prefer to buy quality/once only. I know that if I develop more in shooting or acquire guns I might be getting/wanting more or something else, but that scope really does fare to be on top of many systems. Just matters if the zoom is enough for the application.

After reading many posts at different communities about choosing glass, I have not once seen anybody regretting their purchase. Like, it is not an item that really wears out and you'd have to buy another one because of that.