• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Night vison range finder.

The PARD 008LRF would work as a handheld. Even better, mount it on the rifle. Range with a button push and pull the trigger.
I did looked in the pard 008 but that is a night vision scope. I already have an pard 007 because I prefer using an normal scope instead of a digital scope.
A lot of night vision scopes have rangefinders built in. My thermal scope does, but my IR scope does not.

Why would you want your rangefinder to not be integrated with your scope? Perhaps just to save weight on your gun? The rangefinder attachment on my scope is fairly heavy.
I dont like digital scopes, so wasn't into night vision scopes. For night time shooting i just attach my pard 007 to my normal scope and it becomes night vision. I was actually looking for a hand held range finder that can do both day and night time just to range my target so I know how far it is.

The PARD 008LRF works in daylight. It is my primary optic mounted on a Maverick used for shooting crows/starlings/pigeons mostly shooting during daylight hours. While a glass scope is better for daytime the PARD works fine and makes the Mav ambidexterous (relationship between eyepiece/cheekweld/magazine). As far as a stand-alone rangefinder, you'd need something with an ir illuminator to see what you're ranging with night vision. A standard hunting LRF is not going to have night vision capabilities. Alternately you could look at thermal. There are some awesome thermal units with LRF.

IMO the PARD 008 is an upgrade from the 007 and is substantially more versatile. I've said it before on AGN and I'll say it again, the only downside to the 008 is the limited FOV. For close range shooting (airgun range), I'd rather have half the magnification and twice the FOV. Slap that PARD on a powder burner and it's easily a 250+ yard combo.

What is your intendend quarry and normal shooting range?

The PARD 008LRF works in daylight. It is my primary optic mounted on a Maverick used for shooting crows/starlings/pigeons mostly shooting during daylight hours. While a glass scope is better for daytime the PARD works fine and makes the Mav ambidexterous (relationship between eyepiece/cheekweld/magazine). As far as a stand-alone rangefinder, you'd need something with an ir illuminator to see what you're ranging with night vision. A standard hunting LRF is not going to have night vision capabilities. Alternately you could look at thermal. There are some awesome thermal units with LRF.

IMO the PARD 008 is an upgrade from the 007 and is substantially more versatile. I've said it before on AGN and I'll say it again, the only downside to the 008 is the limited FOV. For close range shooting (airgun range), I'd rather have half the magnification and twice the FOV. Slap that PARD on a powder burner and it's easily a 250+ yard combo.

What is your intendend quarry and normal shooting range?
I did watch reviews on the pard 008 and atn x sight 4k for night time shooting. But went with the pard 007 instead only cause I prefer glass scope during day use over digital. The cross hair on the glass scope is better than that on the digital cross hair. Most range finders i found are only for day use. I plan to use it to shoot rabbits, squirrels, rats, at night to range how far they are so I know to much how to hold over. Thermal is nice but they are in the thousand dollar range. Do not plan to spend that much just for a range finder. Been searching of Google and found the nightfox vulpes. It seem to do laser range finder both day and night for $400. If there are cheaper ones can post links. Really looking for $100 to $200 range budget.

Reactions: Hard2hurt223
ATN has a nice setup. I'll admit it pissed me off to have to buy a $400 ABL 1000(Range Finder) to get my ATN XSight 4k Pro to find yardage. The combo reaches out to 1000 yds. ABL 1000 has found targets over 1500 yds on my property. May have to find a machinist to match it to your tools if you aren't running ATN.

Reactions: Hal4son
I did watch reviews on the pard 008 and atn x sight 4k for night time shooting. But went with the pard 007 instead only cause I prefer glass scope during day use over digital. The cross hair on the glass scope is better than that on the digital cross hair. Most range finders i found are only for day use. I plan to use it to shoot rabbits, squirrels, rats, at night to range how far they are so I know to much how to hold over. Thermal is nice but they are in the thousand dollar range. Do not plan to spend that much just for a range finder. Been searching of Google and found the nightfox vulpes. It seem to do laser range finder both day and night for $400. If there are cheaper ones can post links. Really looking for $100 to $200 range budget.
Heh, seems we posted at the same time. I agree with the Glass optic aspect over digital. More reliable and don't need to be charged as mine is doing now.

Reactions: Hard2hurt223
I did looked in the pard 008 but that is a night vision scope. I already have an pard 007 because I prefer using an normal scope instead of a digital scope.

I dont like digital scopes, so wasn't into night vision scopes. For night time shooting i just attach my pard 007 to my normal scope and it becomes night vision. I was actually looking for a hand held range finder that can do both day and night time just to range my target so I know how far it is.
Ill second the xvision range finder. Iv had one for archery for about 2 years now. Works like a charm. Pretty solid build. Really compact for having night vis