Night vision scope, which to choose?

I have an ATN 4k Pro. Works well enough at night. The daytime quality is less than ideal but it does work, just nowhere near as well as a normal scope. I run a dedicated night gun because of that.

You will want to upgrade the IR illuminator immediately though. Something with rechargeable batteries is a must and they're pretty cheap. Think I paid $30 for one on Amazon.

without breaking the bank like an ATN?
Pard NV007 or the Megaorei4 style (a few off brands UU&T etc.) is not too awful expensive on ebay. I got the Sightmark wraith HD 4,but I don't use it as much as I like and looking back probably would have went with one of the others I mentioned.
check out some YT vids of them in action and see if they might fit the bill.
Good luck with the fox.

Last edited:
Reactions: JaceSpace1369
I have a Mini Wraith also. I have used it during the day and its OK but no substitute for a scope IMO. Early morning , dusk, and at night is where it shines. I find the IR illuminator ok for my use,(100 yards). What I like is the multi rifle zero up to 5 rifles. One shot sight in works well also. You have many reticles to choose from both FFP and SFP styles. Hard on batteries, and no yardage estimating would be negatives. Overall very happy with my purchase and Amazon has sales on these scopes occasionally.

1000000079.jpg

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
I got the ATN X-Sight LTV 5-20. I watched a bunch of reviews and there was something with the X-Soight over the 4k, I think the refresh was better IIRC.

I've also lost some chickens and a cat in the past month, so that's why I got it. The dogs were barking like crazy the other night so I grabbed the gun that has the X-sight on it. Whatever it was, stood about 30 yards out from me. The glow of two eyes in IR is unmistakable. You cannot discern what you're actually looking at. It was amongst the brush in the woods, couldn't tell how large it was, so I didn't take the shot. It was probably a deer.

When I'm ready to upgrade the IR illuminator, this is what I'm getting: https://sniperhoglights.com/coyote-cannon-light-1-4-colors

Also remember, when you're looking through the scope, your field of view is limited. You need to scan the area as if you're on a search team, looking through the scope unless you have something with a wider field of view.

Last edited:
Reactions: RM.510bigbore
check the classified. there is a night site viper for a good price. i don't know if it can
record, but they are very user friendly, cheap and they work. i have one that records
the shot. comes with all you need. i also have a best sight. for $180 bucks, you would be
very happy with the sight. these are not 200 plus yard units mind you. inside 100 yards, perfect....

Have a fox problem and I was wondering what you guys suggest for a night vision setup without breaking the bank like an ATN? My chickens will thank you...
Hotwon , I also have an ATN scope ,but it's the LTV 5-15 model w/ IR illuminator . A little bit less $$ . I have a One Leaf NV 100 too. If you have a scope of say 3-4 power on the low end , this may be the ticket for you also. My 6x24 Hawke Airmax is too much magnification at closer ranges. I 've not had the unit out for field work ,only in the barn w/ rat shooting. It does require forward mounting of the scope a bit & cuts down the field of view some. The ATN is good but finicky to keep focused as range changes. No experience w/ any other units , these work for me.

If all you really want to do is terminate pests from a known fixed location and don't care about video recording through the scope then a lower cost simple solution is to use a fixed red light at the targets location with and a scope with illuminated reticle. I built a wifi controlled red led projector light with a 6 degree beam spread to do it. It is effective over 50 yards. As long as the light doesn't move or change brightness the critters don't seem to care at all. When I looked at the light from the target area is seem non-threating because it was so far away, less menacing than outdoor home light at a similar distance.

This guy did a similar thing. More ways than one to skin a pest, without losing the contents of your wallet buying IR or thermal scopes. This presumes you already own a decent scope with a larger objective lens with illuminated reticle.

I'm sold on the reliability of my sightmark wraith hd. Yes it has negative s but for three years it has been bullet proof reliable. They are also cheap$300.00 used as.low as $400.00 new. If you have more money I'm sure the mini 4k is better. I dial my elevation with my cold shot adjustable base. This has been a very good to me. I run it on tanker power bank $12.00 ebay.. Rechargeable

16752180607278030106832688460290.jpg

16752181176426924662901911937972.jpg

Are you zeroing at that 50-70 distance and does your setup shoot flat, do you need a range finder or clearest image, just want to be able to see in the dark, lightweight and compact. The reason I ask is I have been testing day/night scopes for over a year including wraith 2-16HD, wraith 4k max, wraith 4k mini, pard nv007, pard nv008p, atn 4k pro 3-14, accufire tr1. I'm sure I can get you sorted with a little more details and I am happy to share test videos just let me know. For that matter any one in this thread looking just ask I also recently started testing thermal scopes and monoculars.