Night vision fun with gk1 and blitz

17063148385846909137647042735148.jpg
hatsan blitz .30 and gk1 .25 plinking fun with a mawl ir laser, viewed and recorded using sionyx aurora.

Not sure this is the right place for this post, apologies ahead of time.

Steel is real!

That image looked great. What is the resolution you see when looking through the NV goggles?
I have a relativity "cheap" IR scope. The video's look great as they are in 4K, but looking through the scope in real time, you only get 1080p resolution which is horrible. Your kit looks a lot more serious though, so I bet it's much better.

Reactions: ccarson2
Steel is real!

That image looked great. What is the resolution you see when looking through the NV goggles?
I have a relativity "cheap" IR scope. The video's look great as they are in 4K, but looking through the scope in real time, you only get 1080p resolution which is horrible. Your kit looks a lot more serious though, so I bet it's much better.
So i have an atn 4k pro which has "better resolution" but the Actual light amplification on it is poor. It essentially REQUIRES an ir illuminator, as well as the night mode being black and white.

The sionyx aurora i have helmet mounted is only 720p, however it can be so dark you cannot see your hand in front of you with the naked eye and the aurora will easily see out to 400 yards or further and in color without any ir illuminator.

I Was issued pvs14s when i was active duty and i like the aurora better personally. A pvs 14 goes anywhere from $2,000 to $4,000 and technically has better light amplification but is monochrome (one color only) which for me at least, gave me a headache and made it really had to identify anything. Yeah it gave me a bright image but essentially everything was perfectly camoflagued against the background.

So the aurora black is retailing for $400 right now, can be helmet mounted or rifle mounted and is rated for up to 1000 rounds of 5.55 (well over what an airgun requires) plus has 1-4x digital zoom, can take videos and at 400 yards i can tell thats a racoon and not a rock. Where i live ive never had to use an illuminator with it (sometimes i choose to for eye shine) even with no moon and overcast it works great. Any light whatsoever, even if you can't see it with your naked eye, and you will get a useable image. The only place it struggles is basically indoors at night, but honestly so does pvs14s or any night vision device. And when that happens just turn on an illuminator. Plus you can turn it on during the day without frying the tube. Nothing sucks worse than bumping the on switch on a 4 grand device during the day and destroying it.

I was testing the 4k pro vs the aurora last night and the aurora could see better on its own than the 4k pro could with an illuminator.

Obviously the 4k pro has alot of different features on it that makes it waaaaay better for hunting, im just comparing the night vision capabilities

So i have an atn 4k pro which has "better resolution" but the Actual light amplification on it is poor. It essentially REQUIRES an ir illuminator, as well as the night mode being black and white.

The sionyx aurora i have helmet mounted is only 720p, however it can be so dark you cannot see your hand in front of you with the naked eye and the aurora will easily see out to 400 yards or further and in color without any ir illuminator.

I Was issued pvs14s when i was active duty and i like the aurora better personally. A pvs 14 goes anywhere from $2,000 to $4,000 and technically has better light amplification but is monochrome (one color only) which for me at least, gave me a headache and made it really had to identify anything. Yeah it gave me a bright image but essentially everything was perfectly camoflagued against the background.

So the aurora black is retailing for $400 right now, can be helmet mounted or rifle mounted and is rated for up to 1000 rounds of 5.55 (well over what an airgun requires) plus has 1-4x digital zoom, can take videos and at 400 yards i can tell thats a racoon and not a rock. Where i live ive never had to use an illuminator with it (sometimes i choose to for eye shine) even with no moon and overcast it works great. Any light whatsoever, even if you can't see it with your naked eye, and you will get a useable image. The only place it struggles is basically indoors at night, but honestly so does pvs14s or any night vision device. And when that happens just turn on an illuminator. Plus you can turn it on during the day without frying the tube. Nothing sucks worse than bumping the on switch on a 4 grand device during the day and destroying it.

I was testing the 4k pro vs the aurora last night and the aurora could see better on its own than the 4k pro could with an illuminator.

Obviously the 4k pro has alot of different features on it that makes it waaaaay better for hunting, im just comparing the night vision capabilities
Sorry for the late reply! Thanks for the detailed info, that Aurora Black look interesting, I going to check it out. Also, thank you sincerely for your service!!!!