• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Night time pesting setups

I have the Taipan vet standard in .22 shooting at 700 fps with the hades with a oneleaf nv100 on the back of a vector veyron scope, lovely little set up for rats around the feed bunks and starlings in the rafters. I think its shooting something like 18 FPE @ the muzzle. 

I also have an RTI prophet in .22 shooting the JSB 18 grain at 965ish with the same night vision and scope set up for the longer range and larger pests. although I do sometimes use the Prophet at this setting for rats in safe areas as the forward lever cocking does help with faster shot speed. I have a IR torch light on the side for some added night vision distance. 

-Evan

My setup is simply a red or green light on a figure eight clamp, attached to the scope tube. Has work great for nighttime rats or birds in the rafters. Thing is I haven't gone out at night in a long while. So am glad to be minimally invested in my nighttime setup.

Yea, same here, I only get ocassional opportunities to clear critters from neighbors barns. I try to keep it simple as possible for the ocassional use I get.

AEA HP carbine 25 cal. Fenix FD 41 flashlight, Leopold 6x18 scope. Fenix has a red lense 1000 lumen. Works well for all around hunting day or night.

AEA flashlight.1648567610.jpg

Looking to see what everyone else is using for those night time pests, rats, raccoons, etc

What are your gun set ups

I've got a sightmark wraith I need to utilize and the airgun I was going to put it on isn't going to work
I have a Kral NP03 in .22 caliber set up w/ an ATN X-Sight LTV , 5-15 X w/a Donny Tanto moderator. At full power setting this gun is throwing Hades or Rifle brand pellets at just under 700 fps 2ft from muzzle. My shot distance is 5 to 21yrds inside a barn. I keep the supplied IR light on one side , a green torch on the other side , mounted w/ all supplied rings. Atop the scope on a figure 8 clamp sets another IR flashlight for extended shooting times. This set up gives me around four hr.s of pesting in this cold weather. I do not keep any of the lights on all the time scanning , I switch on to scan , locate , shoot then rest a bit. I've taken over 270+ rats from this barn since June '22 , so the survivors are a bit skittish after the "pop" . I have a NV 100 One Leaf also, that I've tried on my Hatsan Factor w/ a Hawke 6-24 Airmax , which is TOO much scope for inside barn work . I may replace the scope w/ a 3-12 or 4-16 of the same line. The Hatsan 's power can be turned down to roughly the same as the Kral's , which is more than enough for my needs . The only gripe I have w/ the ATN is focus issues from near to far . This requires a finger on the objective constantly or shooting at a blurred target. A traditional scope w/ the One Leaf is much more forgiving & the large side wheel on the scope does minor adjustments much easier. Hope this helps.

Hallo from Europe. I’m also interested in some night / thermal setups, and came here on agn forum to learn and share a bit. Do not have much experience with it, nov just checking options… & Thanks for all info :)
Since the raccoons are most active when it’s pitch black outside, I disconnected all my landscape lights save one and fitted it with a red lens. That, along with an illuminated reticle and good binoculars for identification (don’t want to get a an o’possum or neighborhood cat). Rather than stay up all night waiting for them I went to Harbor Freight and bought a couple of $15 wireless motion sensors and luckily they have slightly different tones. The motion sensor wakes me up and by the tone I can tell where the quarry is.