• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Night hunting?

Atn 4k pro with abl.
Can shoot day or night, has a built in ballistic calculator, can laze your target for accurate distance. The 3x version can digital zoom to over 30x magnification.

As for rifle choice at night, you'll probably want something supressed somehow, and depending on how far you want to shoot( pellets 100 yards and in, slugs past 100) you might want a rifle that can shoot slugs. Something regulated will help you also if you plan on taking multiple shots a night away from home.

Price range depending, thermal is waaay better than night vision. Atn thor 4 has worked well for me. The western rifles like rattler, or sidewinder would be great. If thats out of your price range maybe a umarex gauntlet 2 in .30? I do not own one but ive heard it shoots slugs well and is an <$500 rifle

Last edited:
Reactions: N2 Shooter
Working with PVS-14's and actually shooting accurately is very challenging.

I've found a good quality red dot on a pistol is my favorite setup - followed by an IR laser on a short rifle.

But, this stuff ain't cheap - get ready to spend $10k for a decent setup.

Suggest TNVC.com for the night vision...

With that being said, your use case, an active illumination setup with an ATN scope would be fine, and a lot cheaper and easier to use, you'll just be locked in to one location instead of being mobile.

I have two PARD NV008S LRF for night vision and they work amazingly well. Can do video too if you want, They can shoot day and night and have very crisp images; also a lot less expensive than thermal. They are very light scopes, and within $1000 it's a really good choice.
Yes, I would love to see them sounds right in my price range for a scope

Atn 4k pro with abl.
Can shoot day or night, has a built in ballistic calculator, can laze your target for accurate distance. The 3x version can digital zoom to over 30x magnification.

As for rifle choice at night, you'll probably want something supressed somehow, and depending on how far you want to shoot( pellets 100 yards and in, slugs past 100) you might want a rifle that can shoot slugs. Something regulated will help you also if you plan on taking multiple shots a night away from home.

Price range depending, thermal is waaay better than night vision. Atn thor 4 has worked well for me. The western rifles like rattler, or sidewinder would be great. If thats out of your price range maybe a umarex gauntlet 2 in .30? I do not own one but ive heard it shoots slugs well and is an <$500
Most of my shots will be 50 to 60 yards

Hi everyone.
I just entered this website..Im going into aiguns from spring action to pcp which is what I have now.
Night hunting at least in Chile is restricted just for rabbit and jack rabbits...usually we use flashlights with red beam. Works pretty good.. tried green Laser Genetic but seems rabbit feel it ...well I'll be reading and trying to learn and giving a hand if I can.
Rgds.
Carlos.22

Pellets will be fine then, also most pellet rifles will work for you. You wont need an expensive setup at all.
You could just get a red dot and then something like the cheapest Bushnell equinox z for around $100, mount it behind the red dot.
I have a 22 caliber crack barrel, but I seems like I need a little bit more power

Check out YouTube The Late Night Vision Show.....There the experts in night vision....I'd watch there podcast before spending any money... Thermal or night vision base magnification extremely important....there advice greatly helped me and was 100% correct... Some night vision companies are carrying 3-5 year warranty s.. For me $330.00 for my sightmark wraith has been a good investment...always works..reliable... More so sadly than many traditional day optics

• Love
Reactions: Ezana4CE
Check out YouTube The Late Night Vision Show.....They’re the experts in night vision....I'd watch there podcast before spending any money... Thermal or night vision base magnification extremely important....their advice greatly helped me and was 100% correct... Some night vision companies are carrying 3-5 year warranty s.. For me $330.00 for my sightmark wraith has been a good investment...always works..reliable... More so sadly than I’m going to watch it