• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Night FT Match, Dec. 30th, 2023 Concord Ca

EVE of New Years Eve plans????
I might be overusing the word "Eve", but adventurous souls that want to shoot at night on Dec. 30th are welcome to come out and play.

We are holding a nighttime (6:00 pm start) Field target match at the Concord Range. It's a hoot and you don't have to worry about us being serious - we're just shooting in the dark at lit metal target animals that you'll try to knock down with a sub 20 ft/lb airgun, .22 cal and below.

We have the lights and targets, overhead cover and even electric heaters to warm the chilled. Consider bringing a flashlight for supplemental target illumination- it might not be necessary, but it can be difficult to find a target (or crosshairs) in your scope.

Shooting Saturday Dec. 30th, we shouldn't have to worry as much about the amateur drinking & driving on the roads afterwards.
Let me know- If I can get at least five intrepid souls, I'll make sure you'll have the Eve of NY's eve of their life!
Thanks!!!

PS- It's a good idea to come early- I was going to paint and setup around 4 pm on the 30th. There will be daylight. Should also be time to check zeros while there is light after the setup.
Dec. 30th at the MPR

Reactions: qball
√ Set Condor to .177, 11 ft#, for plenty of shots per tank. Will re-zero tomorrow when the rain lets up a little.
√ Found pile of fruit in the kitchen, so I'll bake a tart.
√ Reviewed google street view so I can find the venue.
√ Will try to be early to sign waiver, register, help set up, whatever.

Yay, night-shooting! That's how I started into airgunning, by night-missing.

P.S, oh, and pack springer just in case...

Last edited:
Reactions: qball and 0akhonor
Wow, what a night! Glad to make your acquaintance Mike- Irena and you fit right in- love to see you out with us more in the future!

Great weather, and terrific participants.
Jim P. brought the pain, but then again, we all participated in setup.
If you've never tried to find targets in a telescopic sight at night before, have to range them and then call your shot after you miss- then you owe it to yourself to try one of this night shoots !

23 ft night shoot.jpg

√ Set Condor to .177, 11 ft#, for plenty of shots per tank. Will re-zero tomorrow when the rain lets up a little.
√ Found pile of fruit in the kitchen, so I'll bake a tart.
√ Reviewed google street view so I can find the venue.
√ Will try to be early to sign waiver, register, help set up, whatever.

Yay, night-shooting! That's how I started into airgunning, by night-missing.

P.S, oh, and pack springer just in case...
Hey Mike, you're a Diablo member. I have the Diablo loaner gun that might fit your wife perfectly . It's a Benjamin Disco, in 177. Right now it's wearing a red field 3x9 scope. The whole kit probably weighs 8 lb. It's woodstocked and if you needed to shorten it just save the piece you cut off. It has been gone over by a local Airsmith about a decade ago. It holds air, has an excellent trigger. Let me know and if need be I can leave
20240101_093733.jpg
it for you up at the range and you can try it. You can always text me direct: nine two five 405-6758

Reactions: Berserkeley Mike