• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Nielsen Specialty Ammo Factory Tour/All about SLUGS

Hey guys, I had some free time so decided to take a drive and spend the day at the Nielsen Specialty Ammo facility here in California. Nick was very welcoming and spent most of the day with me going through the entire manufacturing process. I really had no idea how much is involved in making these slugs and was really happy to get to see the process for myself. Nick takes pride in every slug he produces and it shows through his extensive testing of everything offered in his catalogue. Beyond our slug discussion we talked about barrels and a few things I think every Airgunner should know.I hope that some may learn a little and enjoy the visit with me in video form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2doL1zguuY

Nice job on the video! I met Nick and his wife last Jenna Sunday here at my place, and we talked a little during our monthly club benchrest match. Nick knows a lot about slug shooting and their manufacture, which is really nice because its great to have independent locals producing airgun stuff for us! Nick's slugs look really well-made, and he has a good understanding of customer requirements, as evidenced by the fact he makes his designs in small diameter increments to fit to various barrel requirements.

His wife shot a borrowed in our pistol match, and Nick did same in the Canyon shoot .... Nick WON the 100m event, so its clear he has shooting talent!

Sweet video. Very informative. Very much appreciate the time and effort from both Nick and Dana. 

Bought some of the high speed press slugs in .22 a few weeks ago and quite impressed with how quickly they arrived. 

Very excited to hear Nick mention again that .20 slugs are probably gonna happen at some point. My .20 Raptor ships Monday and I have every intention of trying out some of the s.20 NSA when they're available. 

Thanks again