• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Nielsen Speciality Ammo- Do your QC !

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happen the QC is not verified due to the high demand for manufacturing ? check it out what I found in a 26.8 grain/ .249 box of 325 slugs ! 

Left rows with deformed finishes , right rows whit excellent finishes 

PHOTO-2022-02-02-20-08-21.1643944743.jpg

PHOTO-2022-02-02-20-08-22.1643944758.jpg

IMG_1044.1643944703.jpg

IMG_1045.1643944717.jpg

What´s going on ? 

I've noticed much more damage on the edge of the dish base since Mr Nielsen switched everything to dish base. Damage on that edge has the exact same effect as a damaged crown on your barrel. It lets the pressure escape unevenly as the projectile leaves the barrel and imparts yaw on the projectile hurting accuracy. I don't know how he could correct the problem without reducing the count per box or increasing the price. I really like the ZAN packaging from the pictures I've seen but I want to buy American to support small business owners as well as take advantage of our lower price per shot. I don't know if the damage happens during shipping or when large volumes of slugs are being poured to a different vessel.

Maybe Mr Nielsen can chime in on the matter.

If I understand the ORIGINAL post...He showed the slugs he received and their condition, and questioned quality control, and HE'S at fault for daring to ask such a question? Those slugs in that condition, should not have even been shipped to him period, no way, no how. What's up with some thinking he was slamming the supplier or complaining about not giving him a chance to explain how or why He received slugs like those. He was simply showing what he received and nothing else. I didn't see it as personal...it was business, and shipping slugs like that to a customer is bad business...regardless of how and why or who's fault it was. So posting about receiving damaged goods and quality control is now viewed as a attack on a individual ?....I like to call it accountability or being held accountable for one's actions, man up and be accountable...not popular with those who don't believe in it or lack it themselves, it's always someone else's fault...let the finger pointing begin.

So why is it OK to pile on FX (in an open forum) when they make a mistake But not others????

Own the error and make it right.

You take it up with the manufacturer One on One ... only when you CAN NOT resolve said issue should one post a public forum thread about it.

IMO & likely not alone in this feeling of whats just and a correct way in handling it.

YES Nick needs to be made aware of this thread ....

Now you got change to do some experiment. Take same amount of bullets Like 5 deformed and 5 not deformed and shoot one group with each bullets. Then measure results. How much deformed affect on accuracy. Or did affect at all....You might surprised.

We did same test few years back on two Corsair. 308 and results were... one group was smaller with deformed bullets and other was perfectly casted bullets. We had 2 different model of bullets. On test both shooters shoot one group with "good" bullets and one with deformed bullets. Distance was 100 meters. We did that test just for sake of experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.