• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Nielsen slugs, what were they thinking

When you take a zoomed in picture and the light is casting shadows of a bullet you see all this detail that you do not see with the naked eye. Those slugs are cleaned inside a sonic cleaner, dried with fans and then lubed. I don't know how they can be any cleaner.

The new lube we are experimenting with since Monday still no while film you can see. We are still testing it though.

I'm not a big shooter of slugs-yet. But the NSA slugs I have tried were very well made. Some people would complain about a free lunch.

1585257977_7210950755e7d1df93cacc4.36895361.jpeg
1585257978_14838085055e7d1dfa8e6928.91985391.jpeg
1585257979_14627785555e7d1dfbe9e977.30728153.jpeg
1585257981_11710491205e7d1dfda252b0.39175713.jpeg

Curious To know from you guys that are shooting slugs. I have a green mountain barrel in my modded armada and have shot 33 grain slugs @1100 FPS and they retained accuracy at 50 yards. I’m wondering if that’s because the grooves are deep and a smaller bore so they are not stripping out at higher FPS? I’m shooting the swagged unsized .250 but cast bbt @ .249 but only around 920 FPS with those. For those losing accuracy at higher FPS have any of y’all checked your numbers on lands and grooves??

El problema por el cual las balas se ven Más oscuras es porque las lavan en máquinas de ultrasonido con productos que atacan el plomo y lo opacan! Luego las partes lechosas blancas eso si es lubricante! ¡No veo nesesario utilizar máquinas ultrasónicas y si lo hacen deben cambiar de productos menos abrasivos! Como por ejemplo agua destilada y jabón neutro 

The post above in English.

The problem that bullets look darker is because they are washed on ultrasound machines with products that attack lead and dull it! Then the white milky parts that is lubricant! I do not see the need to use ultrasonic machines and if they do, they must change less abrasive products! For example, distilled water and neutral soap

I just finished up a box of slugs from last year and opened a new box. They looked like I dug them up from a Gettysburg battle field. I had seen this topic a month ago so I didn’t panic. I just washed them and they look a little better. Do they shoot as good as my previous nice looking batch? Well the jury is still out on that one. Here is why. It’s human nature. When your bullets look rough compared to what you usually shoot, it’s easy to blame them first. NSA, make them pretty again and save us from ourselves.

@Martin are the pictures above of those shiny 38.5 grain slugs the more accurate, and then the 36.2 grain slugs not as accurate until cleaned then? There is more bearing surface (longer contact with rifling) on the 38.5 grain slugs which is why they may be more accurate. I know that is most definitely the case in my .30 caliber when shooting shorter slugs (less accuracy because of stability). I use the NSA slugs of all kinds and put them in a pellet tin with foam soaked in pure silicone lube, roll them around and load them wet. The barrel stays nearly spotless this way and more accurate across the board.