Next airgun...hmmmm... gladius long?

"Rich7777"While a little on the heavy side, Hatsan makes good quality airguns. Unless you're hand pumping, you might look at the Hatsan Bully. There's a lot of similarity between the 2. 
Here's some info that might help. I've been focused on the Bully the past couple weeks, so this is fresh in my mind.
Bully Pros over the Gladius Long:
A much larger air capacity
A higher pressure limit
Almost 2" shorter overall length with the same 23" length barrel
Has a larger capacity mag with the same simple mag design as the gladius. 
Bully safety is manually set 
The pressure gauge is on the bottom vs the gladius is toward the muzzle of the gun
Very long top Pic rail (some might consider this a pro)
I don't know what price you have on the Gladius, but the Bully might be cheaper. Indianaairguns.com is selling them for $750 
Same as Gladius
Same weight
Same trigger
Same anti-double feed
Same in stock mag storage
Gladius comes with 4 x 10 shot mags (40 shots), Bully comes with 3 x 14 shot mags (42 shots)
PA lists loudness of both airguns as 4-medium/high. 
Hammer spring adjustment
Cons - Bully not as good as the Gladius
I think the Gladius is better looking 
Bully doesn't have an adjustable buttpad. The gladius can adjust for elevation and angle
Bully doesn't have the External power adjustment knob. I believe this restricts air flow. Some might see this as a con. Ironically, people spend a great deal of time removing air flow restrictions.
​Bully doesn't have side Pic rails like the Gladius does
I own a bullboss and bully, but don't own a Gladius. I'm sure there are Gladius owners that can add/change this list. I'm having a similar experience with my Bully as dleadslinger had with his Gladius. Out of the box, Bully power is set to shoot heavy slugs. It's going to take a little time and attention to make it into a great pellet shooter. 

Great writeup Rich. This is my dilemma also. I'm torn between the Gladius and the Bullboss. I never even considered the Bully, as it's GOD AWFUL looking.. I like the smooth cocking feature offered on all three though.. the Gladius is leading the pack right now because of it's more military-style look, and the Bullboss just looks like a heap of plastic to me.. I will take a long look @ the Bantam also before finally pulling the trigger (no pun).. that Gladius is on my mind though!

"E30_S50"Rich, all of those functional pros definitely make the bully an instant winner...Even more so for the full size Hercules. The thing that kills it for me (both for the bully and the Hercules) is the aesthetic design. As much as I love those functional advantages, especially the higher air capacity, I just can't stand the overly busy design of the plastic stuff/stock on those 2 guns.
I feel bad bad saying so because I know some designer somewhere probably spent lots of time working on the design of those plastic stocks...but in the end he failed because it looks very toyish. Like a teenager took his dads perfectly nice bmw and ruined it with a cheesy body kit and a spoiler. 
I wish the bully looked more similar to the gladius...without the functionless "ornament" so to speak. Or better yet, they could have just gone purely simple and functional like the FX impact. The gun would honestly look much better with all the plastic bodywork left off and the air tank left visible.

He said EVERYTHING I was thinking about the Bully.. that thing is AWFUL looking... UGH!

I had the .22 Gladius long with a Huma regulator set at 110bar. It was moderately accurate. I was not stacking pellets at 30 yards, but close. Then I sold it and bought Bullboss and regretted selling it. The power adjuster was a great feature. The Bullboss had many more accuracy issues. Then I got a Bullmaster which was more accurate but had other issues. I guess the point I'm trying to make, a good working Hatsan (what ever it is) is great, but you never know if it will be a stud or a dud before you buy it. If your not prepared to deal with a dud, I would go up a few hundred dollars to the next air gun tax bracket for more consistent quality.

"davidsng"I had the .22 Gladius long with a Huma regulator set at 110bar. It was moderately accurate. I was not stacking pellets at 30 yards, but close. Then I sold it and bought Bullboss and regretted selling it. The power adjuster was a great feature. The Bullboss had many more accuracy issues. Then I got a Bullmaster which was more accurate but had other issues. I guess the point I'm trying to make, a good working Hatsan (what ever it is) is great, but you never know if it will be a stud or a dud before you buy it. If your not prepared to deal with a dud, I would go up a few hundred dollars to the next air gun tax bracket for more consistent quality. +1
+1 on not knowing if its a shooter but I think that goes for all air rifles, no matter the brand or cost. Not compensating for wind, I think they would fit under a penny at 55 yards.
1526662095_8282101035aff03cf429231.18883693_0518180754_HDR.jpg

Maybe I was just lucky so far but I have had Discos, an Urban, , the Gladius Long, and a Taipan Veteran. All have turned out to be good shooters. Some needing a little more love than others ;)

Ok so I decided to get the Hercules 22 bully...just placed the order on indianaairguns site. I plan to do a fabrication project to make it look better...products like the FX impact and AAA evol will be the inspiration/aesthetic I am going for. 

Also they had steal of a deal on a nice used evanix x2 .30 .... so I ignored logic and reason and snagged that too. 

"E30_S50"Ok so I decided to get the Hercules 22 bully...just placed the order on indianaairguns site. I plan to do a fabrication project to make it look better...products like the FX impact and AAA evol will be the inspiration/aesthetic I am going for. 
Also they had steal of a deal on a nice used evanix x2 .30 .... so I ignored logic and reason and snagged that too.
You madman!