• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Next Airgun caliber decision....Crown Continuum -22 vs 25 caliber

Hello....in the process of getting another gun....I have decided on a FX Crown Continuum over the Brocock Sniper XR. My original plan was to get a .25 cal but it seems a lot of people are going with this combo, .22 cal to start and then get a 30 cal barrel kit. I plan to use the gun for target shooting, 100 bench and hunting up to coyote, when i am home in Idaho in late fall, covid situation willing. I love to plink, .22 cal ammo is every where and the 30 would be for hunting and competition. And .22 is cheaper than 25. 

Anyone with a Crown Continuum want to guide me some provide me with some of your views and combos?

I have have both synthetic .22 and laminate .25....

I shoot the .22 WAY more!! Much broader selection of ammo and the new Superior liners that come with them the 24 and 33 grain JSB heavies in .22 are amazingly accurate....The 24 grain more so.

Want to up the shot count....Switch to the 18 grain and on power level 3 they are going 880 in a ragged hole.Not to mention JSB Knock outs and FX Hybrids....

The .25 is a great gun and will stack 25.39 JSB all day long and the .25 Hybrids are amazing out of the 700mm barrel....I just get more versatility out of the .22.

I have a Crown dedicated .30 and will say it is hands down the MOST accurate gun I own or have ever shot....Followed closely by my Georgia Airguns tuned Crickets I got back last week.

Hope this helped! Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.

Dr. Mike 

I know on low and max I am at 720 FPS with 18 grain JSB so about 20 FPE...

I am sure if you went 14 grain or dialed it down to low and power wheel on 3 you would be about the 12 FPE range.....I would guess you can do so and maintain some level of accuracy would just need a lighter weight pellet.

I find 20 FPE for me is about as low as I ever shoot so haven't played around much to go lower.

I will say the 18 grains around 890 are unbeatable and the 25.39 like abit higher speed....925 or so and the are one hole at 35 yards....

@mikelo123, thanks for the input and I think I will then go for option 2, Crown with a .22 cal and .177 barrel for HFT. Then a .25 or 30 cal barrel to make a “traveling gun package.” I live in the Netherlands so I need a versatile “traveling gun” when I head home to Idaho to visit and hunt. So one gun being many so to speak. A dairy farmer buddy of my dad will let me pop starlings / sparrows etc so a .22 cal is good for that, and maybe I can do an HFT competition or something, then head for coyotes / fox with a .25/30. The gun’s scope will be the Element Optics Helix I have ready for the Crown. I bought a Brocock Compatto Sniper XR a couple of months ago in .177 and I just am finding it limited for my needs / wants and I also, currently can’t justify more than one gun. (Yes I know sacrilege) Later on I will get “guns” in safe. Thanks for your input.

I have have both synthetic .22 and laminate .25....

I shoot the .22 WAY more!! Much broader selection of ammo and the new Superior liners that come with them the 24 and 33 grain JSB heavies in .22 are amazingly accurate....The 24 grain more so.

Want to up the shot count....Switch to the 18 grain and on power level 3 they are going 880 in a ragged hole.Not to mention JSB Knock outs and FX Hybrids....

The .25 is a great gun and will stack 25.39 JSB all day long and the .25 Hybrids are amazing out of the 700mm barrel....I just get more versatility out of the .22.

I have a Crown dedicated .30 and will say it is hands down the MOST accurate gun I own or have ever shot....Followed closely by my Georgia Airguns tuned Crickets I got back last week.

Hope this helped! Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.

Dr. Mike

I just posted on another thread that I'm getting mixed results with my crown 25 with superior liner (600mm). How fast are are you shooting the hybrids to get good results?