• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Next air pistol and Tempest question

Getting back into the game after putting things away for a few years. I shoot air gun pistols in the basement range, so my questions are just related to target shooting.

Right now I have a HW40 and a Daisy 747, both are my keepers. 

Two questions:

I also have a Tempest and it is quite accurate for such a crappy trigger. But it diesels a lot. Is there any way to make this trigger better and reduce the dieseling or is this is what it is?

Next question, I'm considering another air pistol, and would like to stay under $500. I really like my HW40 and a Daisy 747 and am considering a Weihrauch HW 75. Is that a good next addition or would you recommend something else?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Is your Tempest a true Webley or one of those Turkish things? Either way I have a Webley and my trigger is fantastic. Many years ago I did tear the gun down and gave it a good cleaning and used the proper springer lubes. No dieseling. Never messed with the trigger. If your still dieseling maybe your gun isn’t even broke in yet and there is hope your trigger will smooth out. If it’s not an original Webley, good luck.

Can you tell where was mine made by these pics? Any recommendations on who could tune it up? I don't think I have the skills to do a trigger job.

1586049786_19237477015e8932fabe4123.76799729.jpg
1586049873_12490376945e89335109b2a9.50394336.jpg

You have the good genuine UK Beeman import. It's a collector's piece. I have one too bit it's hard to shoot (by me). For the under $500 budget I would get the Crosman 1701p with 25% discount direct from Crosman order on FRIDAY morning free Friday shipping. Then a cheap Chinese $40.00 hand pump. Then a $40.00 TKO silencer which leaves you with $120.00 left your choice of red dot or scope. If you insist on open sights get the try tru-glo shotgun site to slide onto the TKO silencer and get the Crosman $35.00 rear sight. With this particular gun you can tune it reliably to 10fpe if you like shooting out to 50 yards accurately with a pistol and convert it to a very cool carbine if you want. YO!

You have the good genuine UK Beeman import. It's a collector's piece. I have one too bit it's hard to shoot (by me). For the under $500 budget I would get the Crosman 1701p with 25% discount direct from Crosman order on FRIDAY morning free Friday shipping. Then a cheap Chinese $40.00 hand pump. Then a $40.00 TKO silencer which leaves you with $120.00 left your choice of red dot or scope. If you insist on open sights get the try tru-glo shotgun site to slide onto the TKO silencer and get the Crosman $35.00 rear sight. With this particular gun you can tune it reliably to 10fpe if you like shooting out to 50 yards accurately with a pistol and convert it to a very cool carbine if you want. YO!

Thank you for the recommendation to the 1701p. I’ve been researching it and leaning in that direction. How do you get the 25% discount at Crosman?

When you checkout type in AGNATION then you should get 25% off unless they no longer are honoring it but it worked for years. Don't forget order Friday am for free shipping Friday's. If it no longer works if you look online theres a 20% if you do a search. I think you'll be really pleased with a 1701p and you can get $20 custom wood grips to your liking off of ebay or fancier ones for $70 from Vernon Austin who sometimes posts on American Airgun Classifieds and on eBay.Play with it shoot it a while and later when you want more power to shoot at farther distances as far out to 50 yards then you can change out the transfer port with a Marauder Pistol (P-Rod) or drill yours out but you won't be able to go back to low factory power unless you buy another factory 1701p transfer port. You can get some different size transfer ports direct from Crosman they're cheap. Direct replacements for other Grossman or Benjamin guns gives you different power levels. The P-Rod transfer port should give you the most "drop in and go power" without having to mess with anything but you're going to get around 20-25 shots before needing to fill it up with air. You should be able to plink at ping pong ball sized targets at 50 yards or US quarters (George Washington's) with no wind and perhaps bottle caps too. YO!