• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Newish to North TX

Looking for good places to hunt small game in North Texas. I grew up in IA and miss the days when I would walk around my parent's acreage and shoot whatever moves.

I'm still trying to figure out TX regulations and could use some help on that front as well. I can't afford to get pinched by TPWD so I want to do everything by the book. I plan to hunt public land until I make connections with private landowners.

I'm also finding that TX is not the land of the free I envisioned it to be. The airgun restrictions are wack and you have to purchase an Annual Public Hunting permit in addition to a hunting license.

Looking for good places to hunt small game in North Texas. I grew up in IA and miss the days when I would walk around my parent's acreage and shoot whatever moves.

I'm still trying to figure out TX regulations and could use some help on that front as well. I can't afford to get pinched by TPWD so I want to do everything by the book. I plan to hunt public land until I make connections with private landowners.
@Ten-X With a little search engine work you can locate the regs on the Texas Parks and Wildlife website. We used to get the below publication in magazine form at many places that issue hunting and fishing licenses. I’m told that the publication has recently gone digital, but the regs can be found and referenced in this publication. When looking into the regul to one be sure that your looking at the dates that correspond to the region in which you intend to hunt.

96CB4F78-B0C4-4422-BC80-38A2335A9004.jpeg

For hunting grounds many people lease hunting land(s), especially for deer and hog hunting. Plenty of places offer access to the “canned hunt experience.” Way more private land than public land around me. Until you foment relationships with land owners, you’ll likely pay one way or another for licenses, to enter lotteries, for leases, or fines for trespassing (or worse). If you need help with anything specific, feel free to mention or private message me (once you can access that privilege) and I’ll try to help when and where I can. Welcome to Texas.

Last edited: