FX Newest Official FX DRS Video

The HEX needed to adjust the HS do look overly large, im thinking in regard to you could have made a small cut out in the stock in the back so you could reach it.

Also regulator i cant see how you couldent have made a small hole at a angle up thru the stock to the REG, so you could still adjust with a long ball end HEX key

iu

IMHO that should be possible, even without soiling the nice lines of the DRS Classic.

At least the HS adjuster, i think i would have to do something there so you can get to it with stock on.

Last edited:
Another thing, I you want a light trigger you must open your wallet again to "upgrade" to that. For the price they could have include all of it. Why must we accept less for the price.
That’s marketing 101. When you buy a new pickup, same thing happens. alloy wheels - upgrade, mud flaps - upgrade, fuzzy dice - upgrade.

Reactions: Airgun Al
Another thing, If you want a light trigger you must open your wallet again to "upgrade" to that. For the price they could have include all of it. Why must we accept less for the price.
Settle down there 22!
Not all of us are ENTITLED.
Nothing wrong with keeping the overall price low, by offering consumers options.

Reactions: R0B and L.Leon
I like the look of the basic gun and think it will be a winner, a picatinny rail up front or the provision to mount one on the synthetic stock would be a plus. Yes, it lacks the “ease” of adjustability as some have stated, so what? Not everyone wants to constantly fiddle with their guns. And if you want more, and easier adjustability, simply buy a different FX… So really a win, I like the tradition rifle looks of the beasty.

Light is subjective. Does anyone know how light these two triggers are? I'd probably be more upset if I bought a rifle to hunt with and it had a 6 oz trigger. Nobody wants to pay to "upgrade" to a heavier trigger.
Adjustability. That is the thing. Even my son's break barrel came out if the box with it's trigger set at 1600 gram. After adjusting it was too low for him and he adjusted it to be heavier again and settled at 320 gram / 11oz. That is a budget rifle. Surely FX can install such a trigger as well.

Reactions: Frozenspyder
Another thing, If you want a light trigger you must open your wallet again to "upgrade" to that. For the price they could have include all of it. Why must we accept less for the price.

Match trigger is way too light for hunting applications especially when wearing gloves. If you are into competition/matches then the upgrade is well worth it. Personally I prefer the tigger at about 10oz over super light 3oz match triggers, on a cold day I have misfired with my match trigger. Stock FX triggers all can adjust down to 10-12oz easily, match trigger supposed to down to low single digits.

Last edited:
This is a great video! It answered a lot of question I had and for the money, it seems to be a good value. The price point is the same as the synthetic Dreamline Classic when it was first released. Yes, the Dreamline has 2 gauges and access to adjust the regulator, but I ended up having to swap the AMP regulator for a Huma-Air regulator and lost that adjustability. It's been tuned to where I need/want if ever since I installed the Huma regulator and I haven't messed with it since. I'm still very happy with the Dreamline Classic, but really like the smooth lines of the DRS!

The $999.00 retail price is pleasant. They left a lot of convenience on the table to get to that price though. Quite a departure from the rest of the FX line.
I was barely interested in the gun when it was announced and now am wholly disinterested.

Totally get what you are saying. Can’t fault FX for reducing/simplify the guns for shooter who don’t adjust the guns often, from reading this forum they are the majority. While I appreciate the simplified new guns and even preordered one but like you I also like my current FX Lego toys. My Dreamline has 3 mags with 3 different ammo labeled with associated HS setting to shoot with same zero for different use cases. Obviously I won’t be selling my Dreamline and other FX Lego sets soon.

However, I’m sure FX has other Lego toys coming up in the works.

Last edited:
Good for FX selling a basic set it and forget it pcp . I bet the barrel is stiffer with the air tank around it. And with less parts. People are condemning a trigger they have never pulled ? My Maverick has a great trigger. The DRS is more like my Taipans in being a pcp that you always know your velocity and what ammo it likes. It looks like a good shot count as well . It should sell well .

Classic:
4,5 (.177) 66 shots with 10,3gr pellets at 920 fps

5,5 (.22) 60 shots with 15.89gr pellet at 915 fps

6,35 (.25) 45 shots with 25.4gr pellet at 880 fps