• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Newbie question.

I got a scope mounted on the Hatsan Gladius but I’m having a bit of problem. At 20 yards I am completely out of elevation adjustment to get it hitting the bull. Is there special mounts that would help with this?

59527982-93F1-4583-9AB1-8677FBA73439.1612572578.jpeg

I would just try to shim under the rear Picatinny rail that's attached to the receiver to raise the rear of the scope base. It's much safer for the scope IMHO.

Couple washers around the screws on between the receiver and scope rail may work. Or a small piece of sheet metal or maybe couple layers of soda can.

Don't try to power a light bulb with a potato.

These have got to be the best deal out there for adjustable rings. I stumbled on them while looking for something cheap and fast to get my wife’s rifle up and running until the Eaglevision mounts arrived. They are sold each, not in pairs, so order two. Total will be $24. They are very secure, look pretty good and are holding well. To adjust for elevation, there is a little wheel that you rotate, It is spring assisted and moves easily and smoothly. Once adjusted, there are two little 1.5mm grub screws that lock it in place. We’ve only had ours a short time but so far for $24, they’re awesome. If you want perfection, order the eaglevision rings for $80, if you want a great deal on something more utilitarian that will work great, check these out!

I had a link but it had all my Amazon purchase information, sorry. Just search Amazon for NcStar RAH24 30mm adjustable height ring

Here is a picture of the one’s we’re using on my wifes’ gun.

Have a good one. Stoti

C0071D2B-3B4D-4C67-95F9-7C5E8A0BD596.1612595843.jpeg
8203D3C4-0506-4A8C-9DFB-BA804BD04AAE.1612596387.jpeg
8B675955-5801-4282-97BD-134B9893DC05.1612596531.jpeg

Reason for great concern is the rear that's jacked up doesn't appear to have forward cant and the front one looks flush not canted forward either thus squashing the scope tube unless it had been lapped that musta took forever to take off that much metal in order to make that set up work safely without damaging the scope tube.

Pictured FX NO LIMITS proper forward cant.

Screenshot_2021-02-06-03-29-462.1612618612.png
Screenshot_2021-02-06-03-31-144.1612618612.png
Screenshot_2021-02-06-03-31-142.1612618612.png
Screenshot_2021-02-06-03-31-143.1612618612.png

Don't try to power a light bulb using a potato.

You don’t have a scope problem and you’re going to try to hide the real problem with adjustable rings. You have a gun problem. What you really need to do is disassemble everything barrel related on your gun. Something is on a bind or got whacked during shipping. Something could be machined poorly. With the adjustment range of scopes, a red flag should immediately go up about the gun when you can’t get it on paper. You’re not the first to have this problem. The machining, fit and finish on a slew of PCP’s leaves a lot to be desired. The guns are jacked up from the factory.

which way does it need to go, my guess is if you set elev to neutral you need to tip the front of the scope forward because its shooting low, correct .. shimming doesnt lend itself to holding a good zero so what i'd do to save money and avoid a fancy mount is get a dowl thats slightly 'smaller' than your tube and carefully work the bottom of the front ring down keeping it square .. i'd use about 120 grit to cut it down then 220 to polish it up .. careful where you touch the ring and dont hit the sides and scuff it up .. you may have to chop some of the flats down alittle if you lose too much of your gap to tighten correctly and if it needed to go that far i'd 'relieve' the appropriate edges so the risk of biting into the scope is reduced, just picture the scope tilted in the rings and which edges would tend to bite in and roll them over slightly .... but i'd work it down slow and test until you got it .. .when your all done if you were careful alittle flat black paint on the worked area and tape off the rest ... reapply the protective strip, yeah dont mess that up try to get it off in one piece ..