Newbie Question: Break-in period Crosman 13XX and 2240

Hello, I have a newbie question; do Crosman 13XX and 2240 have a break-in period where you have to shoot 200 or more rounds to lead up the barrel before they reach their maximum accuracy? I just bought a 1377, 1322 and a 2240 to play with and I'm having fun, but I just can't get consistency out of them yet, each one has about 50 shots through them. I'm trying to set my expectation for these pistol's accuracy based on reality. Still using the factory sights. Thanks for any feedback

Thanks AirNGasman and Mike_Lenardon I appreciate the feedback ... that's kinda what I was thinking, I think my eyes are a bit too old for the iron sights, gonna try getting some better sights. Gonna get the JSB, any suggestions on what grain worked well for you? I appreciate your feedback. By the way ... Do you guys have a link to a good video that shows the correct way to install the Crosman steel breech on the 2240, 1322 and 1377, I've seen a couple on YouTube ... but none of them seemed to really know what they were doing. I'm going to need the steel breech to put better sights on the pistols ... thanks again !!!

My 2240XL was terrific right out of the box, but it improved after 250 shots. My 1322 took over 500 pellets for the pump to break in; the accuracy was great as soon as I got my dot sight adjusted

P1090310.1621970682.JPG
1322PumpHandle.1621970705.JPG

Jsaras, nice pistols. Thanks for your feedback. What is the bottom pistol, the one with the unusual pump arm? Have you ever notice that your point of aim changed with the 1322 when the pistol starts to get hot from the sun, say 95° or hotter. I've been told that temperature affects the 2240 which makes sense due to the Co2 cartridge, but I'm curious about the multi-pump Crosman like the 1377 and 1322 .. Thanks again !

I have a 2240 that I bought a few months ago, I wanted a light weight rifle that I could shoot in my basement or in my back yard range (about 40 yds.) that was easy to shoot, didn't require a heavy cocking stroke like my break barrel air rifles and didn't have the high velocity of my break barrel air guns for use in my basement.

I had settled on the QB-78 Co2 rifle, but they weren't available in .22 cal. at the time that I was ready to buy, so I purchased a Crossman 2240 along with a shoulder stock, the result was a an extremely accurate light carbine with just enough velocity (about 500 fps. with 14.3 gr. pellets generating close to 8 FPE) to be flat shooting up about 40+ yds., It shot great right out of the box and didn't appear to require the type of break in period that I experienced with my break barrel rifles.

I was so impressed with the 2240's performance that I opted to scope it with a 2x7x32 AO Hawk scope, the scope really brought home the fact that while the pistol is capable of great accuracy way above it's price point the factory sights are crude at best, and hinder the guns potential, I then added a steel breech kit and a Crossman 14-1/2" barrel, and padded the comb on the shoulder stock which raised the comb just enough to perfectly align my eyes with the scope and gives me a good cheek weld.

I've kept the pistol/carbine bone stock internally save for lightening up the trigger pull a bit, I haven't tested it for velocity as yet but I believe that the longer barrel has increased to velocity a bit, the lightened trigger pull and scope in combination with the steadiness of the shoulder stock has added greatly to the accuracy of the gun.

I've been so impressed with the 2240 as I have set it up that I have pre ordered the the new Crossman 1322 Drifter kit pneumatic pump pistol as well, hope this helps.

I've been so impressed with the 2240 as I have set it up that I have pre ordered the the new Crossman 1322 Drifter kit pneumatic pump pistol as well, hope this helps.

Where did you order the Drifter kit?

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1023241785

If I were going to buy it, I’d personally wait and see what Crosman will price it at on their website maybe buy it directly from Crosman’s website and use the AGNATION 25% discount code. 

Homer ... thanks for the feedback, I found it helpful. I'm glad you mentioned the "Drifter" kit, I was hoping to find a stock that had a carbon fiber print on it, the drifter kit is exactly what I was interested in. It's getting too hot to shoot the 2240 where I'm at ... it's 100° already, and shooting in the cool AM would disturb the neighbors ... but my 1322 is OK to shoot and I have a steel breech on the way so I can mount a compact scope ... MileHigh ... thanks for the tip on the discount code to use on the Crosman site.