• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Other Newbie PCP

Dear forum, i am new on this forum but also new on the air rifle scene. Currently i have become a member of a shooting club and shooting with small kaliber and air rifle 4.5. I am interested in buying a pcp air rifle but am hesitating which one to choose due to my inexperience. What i am looking for is a pcp airrifle that can shoot appr 75-100mtr, is multiple shots and can be pumped with a handpump. Does anyone have a suggestion? I was looking at Air Ventura en Gamo. Also at Bullpups. Thanks in advance for your advices.

Reactions: Machine_nr1
Hand pumping is not hard . best to just top off your gun every 20 shots or so , this is for the average .22 / larger bore is less shots and more $$ pellets or slugs
My suggestion is buy a Marauder .22 pump package (you can always sell ,but use this to learn Air gunning ) these guns are reliable and a great starter gun . shoot 25 and 50 yards/meters . for the summer . take time to shop for a future gun for longer distances . Will a Marauder shoot 100 meters probably , the thing is this will teach you what you want . Air Guns are different than powder burners .

Last edited:
Firstly, WELCOME ABOARD! Second, the most important factor in 100 yard accuracy is the proficiency of the one behind the trigger. A lot of airguns nowadays can hit 100 yards with acceptable accuracy but it MOSTLY depends on the shooter. Practice, practice, practice, take a break then practice some more. If you get a "tunable" gun it will take you a while to find the right combination of tune & projectile type also. Just be aware of the learning process you're heading for. It takes a while but richly rewarding. Good luck & enjoy the ride!

Dear forum, i am new on this forum but also new on the air rifle scene. Currently i have become a member of a shooting club and shooting with small kaliber and air rifle 4.5. I am interested in buying a pcp air rifle but am hesitating which one to choose due to my inexperience. What i am looking for is a pcp airrifle that can shoot appr 75-100mtr, is multiple shots and can be pumped with a handpump. Does anyone have a suggestion? I was looking at Air Ventura en Gamo. Also at Bullpups. Thanks in advance for your advices.
I’d look at a gamo urban for a first one personally. It’s a great value for the money a UK made BSA at an incredibly reasonable price. Marauders are good, the avengers or avenge-x series is a lot of capability for the money (more expensive than the avenger though). There is no shortage of great options at very reasonable price these days.

Buy a good hand pump to start, shoot a lot and see if you enjoy it enough before branching out into air tanks, compressors etc.

Edit-for 100 yards maybe something by Airforce so you could shoot slugs. I don’t have much experience in that side of airgunning. A marauder field target model with a walther barrel might be an option. There’s loads of experience here, they’ll set you straight.

Your desire to shoot at subjectively long range will complicate your choice. I suggest you concentrate on 50-75 meter to get started, 50 being a better choice to begin.
Master that with whatever price level gun you can justify to start. Make sure this is a hobby you wish to pursue. Motivation and passion can wane quickly in a new past time.
If you can master the 50 meter distance to your satisfaction then attempt the longer ranges with the gun you start with. If you find that you want more gun, then spend the necessary money for a gun you are confident will deliver the performance you desire.
Only you can decide what price level gun will be right for you. You know your budget and you will come to know the interest level you develop through the process.

@Machine_nr1 What’s your budget for a PCP rifle? Do you only intend to shoot paper at the range? Plink in your backyard? Are you interested in competing with airguns? Hunting with them?
Hi Ezana4CE, since i just started to explore this new hobby i will shoot paper first. I want to learn to shoot with a good technique. Finally i would like to become a good long distance shooter probably competing and hunting. The budget is not a restriction but I guess since i am new, it would be wise not to start with expensive pro equipment. So that's why i need support and advice from more experienced air rifle shooters.

Hi Ezana4CE, since i just started to explore this new hobby i will shoot paper first. I want to learn to shoot with a good technique. Finally i would like to become a good long distance shooter probably competing and hunting. The budget is not a restriction but I guess since i am new, it would be wise not to start with expensive pro equipment. So that's why i need support and advice from more experienced air rifle shooters.
@Machine_nr1 with that said, consider reading through the linked thread below in which AGN members share their experiences about guns they recommend to folks like yourself seeking guidance.

@Machine_nr1 with that said, consider reading through the linked thread below in which AGN members share their experiences about guns they recommend to folks like yourself seeking guidance.

Thanks! I will read and follow the thread.