• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Newbie (Old, but still a Newbie)

Long story involved, but suffice to say I have a NIB Daystate Airwolf MCT I purchased in 2012 when I lived in Arizona. For whatever reason, I never shot the rifle and very soon moved (back) to California. Long story but, still have not shot the rifle. I recently found it in the back of my safe, and decided I would like to shoot it (heavy SOB for an old man). I finally figured out how to turn it on, and of all things, it held 185# (or BARS??) of pressure. So today I tore up my shop and found the pellets and one magazine and I am going to give it a try. What I did not find was any kind of User Manual for the rifle, so my only source of information has been Youtube. and there is not a lot there on this rifle.

A. Should I sell it and buy an Impact, shoot it until I know what I'm doing?

B. Where can I purchase a Manual, and a spare magazine?

C. Given the 7 years of no maintenance, should I return it to AoA for a check up?

D. OH yeah, what do I do about an Air supply? Buy a bottle? what pressure should I fill the bottle on the rifle too?

See, Newbie.........

Start here:

http://daystate.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Airwolf-MCT-MK4-IS-Air-Ranger-Huntsman-Regal-2013-v7.pdf

Had some more time so I thought I add....

Moving to an impact will increase your need to get involved with the settings, probably. Digging into to it, maybe. Don't mean to sound like I'm putting the impact down but it prob isn't the right gun for a 'newbie' Lots of internal orings….

Either way, you'll need a way to fill it. If you don't want to pump it, then you'll at least need a tank and a fill source. Be that SCUBA shop or a compressor....

Mags are $100ish AOA should have them, assuming the newer ones still work in the MCT's.

Battery and charging? If your battery was still good after 7 years, I'm impressed. Again, AOA prob has the best info on retrofitting the newer ones.

What Caliber is your MCT???