Newbie Needing Some Advice On Choosing A Top Shelf .25 Bullpup

This will be my second PCP gun. I’ve had a 2nd gen. Benjamin Marauder in .177 that has been a flawless performer for me at 50 yards for the last couple of years, usually producing dime size groups if I do my part, to the peril of many a squirrel.

Now, i’ve been having a bad raccoon problem in my backyard, to the extent of them causing severe damage to bird feeders, I want to kill them quickly and ethically, and imho .177 is not the round to go with, and have decided to go with a .25 PCP Bullpup.

Here is a sampling of the guns that i’ve been looking at:

- FX MKIII Sniper

- Brocock XR Sniper Magnum

- Taipan Veteran Long

- Hatsan Bullboss

- Uragan 

And of course, it needs to be the most accurate and reliable in performance. I’m not one to really tinker around too much with tuning. It will be zeroed at 50 yards, the distance to the feeder. I also plan on taking the gun to shoot wild boar from time to time as well, so the higher the FPE, the better.

Thanks Air Gun Nation.

31.1603665253.jpg
cant go wrong with all those recommendations or the FX wildcat either 500mm or 700mm barrels both laser accurate

I have a racoon issue here too and have been using .22 nsa 20.2 slugs at 870ish fps. The 22 is getting it done, but I want to hit them harder.

In addition to the ones on your list my list has the prophet and dreampup bottle in 25 or 30. I had the Reign on there for a bit, but the lack of adjustments, the smallish bottle and the ring they used to mount the silencer turned me off. (not interested in grinding or cutting off the stock one)

I keep changing my mind on what to get day to day. Maybe by the time I have decided things will be back in stock.

I've got a wc3 .25 sniper, and it will put out 72fpe at the top end (I keep it around 63fpe for 2 mags). It has a power plenum on it.

Pushing some 38gr AVS slugs along at decent speeds for those two power levels, its cloverleafs at 50 yards.

I'm not sure if the other guns in your list will hit that power level without more intrusive modding/tinkering/tuning. They might and I just don't know, but the above is my experience with the wc3.

Lots of good leads to pursue. Thanks AGN.

Now, who are the best dealers to work with? I’ve been perusing most of the big dealers, like PA, AOA, Airgundepot, and a few others like Utah Airguns, Georgia Airguns,etc.

Also, there are two non-Bullpup rifles that i’ve been looking at as well; the Daystate Wolverine R HP and the RAW HM1000X.

So many seemingly great choices to choose from too.

My head is starting to spin and I think my wallet is over in the corner hiding behind a chair?