Newbie / Maverick or HM1000x

Well…
That didn’t work out as planned. I found the Maverick listed on another forum I have been a member of for years. I called the owner (he is a member here also but I won’t divulge his name) and we talked for an hour and 15 minutes. We are exactly two hours and 30 minutes from each other so I asked if I could pick it up rather than have it shipped. We agreed on a price and penciled in the following Monday. I tried calling him Sunday to confirm things but had to leave a voicemail. I didn’t hear back so I sent a text message. He has an iPhone so I could see he read the message. The next day (Monday) I tried calling and the call immediately went to a message. I then tried to text him. The text message was never delivered nor read. He evidently blocked my number.
That’s okay if he decides to keep the rifle but don’t you think it would be courteous to tell me? Anyway, I will not be buying his Maverick nor will I ever be doing business with him in the future. I was always taught “A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches” and I should always keep my word.
It’s probably for the best. Now I’m going to save up a little more and have a talk with Martin to get what I’m familiar with with no surprises.

Reactions: qball
Sorry for the run around on the Maverick! Well, you know you cannot go wrong with a RAW as they are custom built by the man himself and you live so close! Well worth the extra coin in my humble opinion! Just got mine back from Martin for a full reseal pkus any parts that needed replacing and had him tune it to shoot 18gr @ 970fps....ran it over my chrony and 7 out of 10:shots were a duplicate 968fps! 🤗

I love my FX guns. I found them very frustrating to get tuned, to a near RAW level accuracy. Once you have it tuned to your liking. Document your settings and leave it there. I love my RAW guns even more. If you get it from Martin its already tuned for what you have asked for. No fustration at all. Can't go wrong with either.

Reactions: jmohme and rsfrid