Newbie here, howdy ! I got questions

I am brand new here and with air guns, need some direction. I bought a new FX Crown MKII in a .25 cal, I have a new Hawke Sidewinder 30 FFP scope, I need rings, ammo, best way to charge my gun, and anything else you could recommend, where is the best place to get this stuff ? I will be using the gun just to plink around, shoot small varmints, maybe a little target shooting, right now not looking into long range ( more than 100 yards ) , any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

I've a Crown mk 2 in .25 and .177. the .25 cal I have has the 700 and 350 mm barrel.

Which barrel length do you plan on using? May I share what I've found in the two lengths? 

The 350mm barrel is a great length, but in .25 cal, stick with JSB 25 grain pellets. You should be able to get them up to 840 fps without stressing the platform too much. I have the synthetic stock and imo, its too light, it's recoil sensitive. Too sensitive, but I'm a hunter and don't have time to always get the proper hold or check weld pressure

For long range,up to 200 yards, I use the 700 mm barrel. 33 grain JSB MK 2 or FX pellets and they are amazing. Yesterday, I killed 14 ground squirrels from 12 yards out to 125 yards using this combo. At no time did I see the need to break out my .30 cal Uragan slug shooter. 

JSB Knockouts, no good.

Hades, up the 50 yards ok, but if it absolutely has to die, stick to pellets. FX does make other liners that I have not tried, so Slugs may be an option, but the MK 2 might not sling them as fast as you should to get the spectacular results you could already possess with pellets. With this rig,I've done extensive slug testing- it has the stock liner- with Nielson slugs as well. Hitting an eyeball at 100 yards? Use JSB or or FX pellets at 890 to 910 fps for a great shot count and fantastic accuracy. Don't be afraid to lighten that trigger pull. 

Your reg will be 140 bar plus. You've a great rifle if you stick with what it was intended to do, it's a great rifle if you want to try other ammo, but do consider investing in other liners . I have property owners counting on me killing their rodents, with a minor noise and ricochets, so the 700 mm barrel, .33 grain pellet, gives me the ability to delight them while I enjoy hunting challenging targets humanely. 

Btw, I took the standard LDC, and lined the interior with bow felt- felt on one side, sticky on the other. Reduced the sound another few dB's 

Sneaky, the squirrels don't know I'm shooting! 

I am brand new here and with air guns, need some direction. I bought a new FX Crown MKII in a .25 cal, I have a new Hawke Sidewinder 30 FFP scope, I need rings, ammo, best way to charge my gun, and anything else you could recommend, where is the best place to get this stuff ? I will be using the gun just to plink around, shoot small varmints, maybe a little target shooting, right now not looking into long range ( more than 100 yards ) , any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

You really dove into the deep end, huh?

No worries, by starting out with such a high-end rifle, you've probably saved yourself money by avoiding cheap and in many cases unusable/mediocre equipment, like I, and many others fell prey to early on in our air gunning journey.

As to charging your FX Crown, I recommend you purchase a carbon fiber, SCBA tank with the pressure gauges, such as the kit pictured in the link that follows:

https://www.topgun-airguns.com/product/tiger-shark-410-cu-in-74-cu-ft-4500-psi-tank-copy/

That tank is listed as 74 cu ft., which is a nice sized tank. However, that same vendor offers a larger model, listed at 97 cu ft, I believe. You may be able to research and find the SCBA tank and gauges cheaper than the one I linked to.

You can get this tank filled at a scuba dive shop, possibly a paintball business and even a fire station (I'm told, although I've had no such luck with the fire stations). You will want to use clean, dry air in your air rifle. I notice that the vendor in the link will fill your tank prior to shipping it to you, if you select that option. This may slow the shipping process.

At some point you may decide to invest in a high pressure air compressor -- these can cost anywhere from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars. My understanding from reading the airgun forums, is that Alkin and Bauer are the best compressors on the market. I happen to use a Nardi Atlantic 100. I purchased this compressor more than 5 years ago and have not had any failures with it to-date.

https://www.pyramydair.com/product/nardi-usa-atlantic-p-air-compressor-electric-4500-psi-300-bar?a=5218

As for as scope rings, you have check the size of your scope tube and proceed from there. I have numerous scopes, the majority of which have 30mm tubes. I also have a 34mm tube scope and a one inch tube scope. Make sure to get the correct size. I suggest purchasing quality scope rings to mount your scope.

I realize this post is rather lengthy, but there is much to digest early-on to avoid common costly pitfalls that could damage your valuable equipment and possibly cause physical injury to you and/or family members.

So, take your time, research and be careful when dealing with HPA.

Good luck.

OK I ordered some weaver 30MM rings that will work on my FX Crown, also ordered some Benjamin 25 cal domed pellets, wanted the Baracuda Hunter Extreme but they were out of stock, they recommended the Benjamin. Will check out the tanks, I have a buddy who just ordered all this stuff too, he did spend 800 bucks on a compressor, I will bum off of him when he is around.

Welcome! Be aware, the .25 Benji domed pellets are a harder alloy than most other pellets. JSB's are probably the best bet when beginning the "big pellet search" , especially for an FX airgun owner. I'd try the 25.39gr or the MarkII's (I think 33.49gr, can't remember). MOST compressor owners here are of the Yong Heng variety. They're inexpensive, do the job if you treat 'em right & there is ALLthe information you need to know about them here on the forum. IF you go the compressor route you can find relative deals on Carbon Fiber, 4500psi, SCBA tanks without spending $800 on a new, big one. You're getting into an activity that has a LOT of different information, different opinions & a LARGE LEARNING CURVE! Read a lot, learn a lot & ENJOY the journey. You'll probably become an addict like the rest of us!

Gerry