New ZAN Projectiles .457 Slug

Hey Guys,

Get excited for the latest addition to Zan Projectiles’ lineup – the .457 (380gr) slugs! These innovative slugs boast unparalleled precision and velocity, ensuring the same exceptional performance you’ve come to expect from Zan Projectiles. With 50 slugs per box and an unbeatable price, these slugs are sure to fly off the shelves. Whether you’re seeking to elevate your big bore game or simply looking for the best, these slugs are a must-have.

Our newly developed 380-grain .457 swaged slugs are the most consistent and affordable .457 slugs available on the market. Our new swaging technique ensures that these slugs will fit perfectly in all .457 barrels. The deep hollow point design guarantees that these slugs will expand upon impact, making them ideal for hunting or metal plinking. In addition, they offer a high ballistic coefficient due to the Boat Tail.

Utah Airguns already have them!

Kind Regards,
Maja Brlec

457.png

@ZAN can these be made in lengths that are able to fit inside of common sized magazines as well? I think somewhere around .700" is the limit on AEA, and slightly longer on Benjamin and American Air Arms. Engineering a swaged rebated boat tail slug that flies well, has a decent bc, and also fits magazine lengths would sell even better. Otherwise all big bores are relegated to single loader's, and not as the new big bores are designed anymore.

I am wondering, in many other calibers you get 2-3 different sizes, but in .177 you get 1 size ( diameter ) and take it or leave it.

Same with FX barrels, heavy liners for all other calibers have a faster twist rate, but in .177 the heavy liner are the same TR as the standard liner, making me go WHY so what ever physics apply to the other calibers do not apply to the pea caliber.

@ZAN can these be made in lengths that are able to fit inside of common sized magazines as well? I think somewhere around .700" is the limit on AEA, and slightly longer on Benjamin and American Air Arms. Engineering a swaged rebated boat tail slug that flies well, has a decent bc, and also fits magazine lengths would sell even better. Otherwise all big bores are relegated to single loader's, and not as the new big bores are designed anymore.
Hello,

Those slugs are 1.1" in lenght. There will be more .457 non BT comming, that wil be short enough to fit in magazines like AEA for example.

Aaaaa yes things i can not have ,,,, but want so bad.🥲

It seem like boat tail do very well, i am just wondering why it is generally only found in the larger calibers, is there a diminishing return with caliber size ?
Boat tail slugs are harder to produce then standard based slugs. There is completly different technology behind them. This is why you dont see them with most of the big scale manufacturers.

Kind regards,
Žan Šude

Hello,

Those slugs are 1.1" in lenght. There will be more .457 non BT comming, that wil be short enough to fit in magazines like AEA for example.
Every slug manufacturer makes and sells a non BT slug. Too many to choose from. Be different, as you are ZAN. A short RBT stabilize well and shoot well. Edited image for your consideration:
Screenshot_20231122-071734~2.png

Last edited:
Reactions: ZAN