New YouTube channel STEALING everyone's videos!!

"Jonnes"Is it stealing, or is this person just creating a collection of videos? I mean, the AOA clip still shows the "AOA Production" text, and he didn't remove Ted's face and superimposed his on on Ted's body, and he doesn't take credit for any of those movies. Lot of fuzz about nothing IMHO. ;)
Well except for the fact that the original people producing these stolen videos spend money do so. Many of them hope to eventually profit, or at least recover some of the cost associated with bringing them to YouTube. With funds being generated through advertising directly related to the number of views the video owner's specific YouTube channel receives, viewing them elsewhere siphons off earning potential. It took me a while to come to terms with people making money off of their YouTube channels, but the enjoyment I get from polished efforts put forth by many of them (AirArmsHuntingSA comes to mind) absolutely are worthy of generating income for their creators.

"Jonnes"Is it stealing, or is this person just creating a collection of videos? I mean, the AOA clip still shows the "AOA Production" text, and he didn't remove Ted's face and superimposed his on on Ted's body, and he doesn't take credit for any of those movies. Lot of fuzz about nothing IMHO. ;)
It's detrimental to the makers of the videos because it takes traffic away from their youtube channels and that's what pays them. Anyone can report the channel and let the youtube police know it's a channel that was swiped from someone else. 

To decide if something is stealing or not, you should inform yourself about the legal definition of the word. Depending on the country you live in, there is loads of jurisprudence to be found on this subject, where a court decided that it's legal to repost/share content, as long as you leave the material in tact and/or refer to it's source. So before calling someone a thief and start to tar and feather someone, you might want to check that minor legality out first. If you don't agree with it, contact Youtube and let them handle it.

Question; loads of people here on AGN embed Youtube video's in their topic. Is that stealing, or sharing? Because when you embed it, you actually also don't see the complete channel.

The internet is all about sharing content. Personally I don't see any harm in 'sharing' (not 'stealing') content. If you don't want that, you should have a disclaimer stating you're not allowed to share under to the international 1921 copyright act.

I'll have to say I agree its not right? You can use any word you want. But when you take others work for your own gain what would you call it?
The top ten people that are really popular on youtube make in the millions. (number 1 makes 12 million talking about video games and telling jokes) its easy to google.

I don't know how much the air gun guys make to entertain us. And it may only be help on their equipment they use? But its still their work?And the times I see someone post a youtube video here its just a link to the original on youtube?

Things change over time and now that posting youtube videos and having a large following is money making. So I guess "sharing" a link to others videos would be nice and help them build a following but just taking others videos and putting your name on them to build your own following? 

For me ill pass on the technically and the definitions of what these "video borrowers" are doing, but to a country boy its "taking something from others" AKA stealing.

It's not something I would do, let that be clear. But I'm absolutely against public lynching parties like these. Calling someone a thief is quite the statement, and actually might be considered slander. I'd rather let a judge decide, or at least wait for a statement of the people or organisations who are the actual makers/owners of the content. Why not send them a message and let them handle it, in stead of this discussion here that only will lead to loads of opinions and no solution.

Edit; seriously, did someone just give me a negative rating with "just causing stir" as a remark over this? Who's causing a stir here. I'm not the one causing a stir, I'm trying to prevent one!

"blackdiesel"
"Jonnes"

Edit; seriously, did someone just give me a negative rating with "just causing stir" as a remark over this? Who's causing a stir here. I'm not the one causing a stir, I'm trying to prevent one!
Well I will give you a positive to counter the negative :D

+1 same here its just a discussion not everyone has to agree. 

LOL, thanks guys, but that wasn't necessary. I don't care about ratings. I just think you got your moral compass pointing the wrong way when you start calling people a thief, suggest that they should be whipped and beaten, and then kick someone in the proverbial but because he says that public lynching parties is not the most friendly thing to do. Must be a Facebook generation thing. Maybe I'm getting to old for this poope. ;) 

Anyways, you might want to check out this article on the Google support page regarding Youtube and copyrights. Extremely interesting read in this context. https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2797468?hl=en

Reactions: Erockrocket
Jonnes what would you call it if I took some thing that you made and were getting paid for and used it with out your knowledge or permission where I was then getting paid for it and you were not. This was not a small isolated incident but rather a person who has taken From everyone. Making content is time consuming and costly and if you want to continue to get great content then you need to protect the creators. Also there is a huge difference in sharing a video here or anywhere else versus putting in in your YouTube channel because the view credit still goes to the original creator and they get compensated for it. There have been huge lawsuits over this and other copyright issues. For example "average parkor guy" sued "grade a over a" on what was fair use there was a huge go fund me campaign started to pay for the legal fees of Grade A over A it did so well that the left over money was put into a trust to fund the legal rights of creators. 

As someone who enjoys these videos myself, you, and every one else should support the rights of the original creator. 

Why I am so mad is because this is a constant ongoing problem. These people great an account rip off other people and if they get shut down they just start again. 

Is what these people are doing illegal, absolutely. Is it stealing, yes. 
If it was not considered stealing YouTube wouldn't shut this channel down but in a day or two it will be gone. 

I was hoping people would find the humor in the whipped and beaten comment but this proves to me there are people who have no sense of humor. In this day and age where every one gets a trophy for participating I should have known better than to state such a overwhelming fact with out considering I might hurt the feelings of the thief. Thank you for sticking up for them. 

Reactions: fe7565
Actually it's the nature of mass communicated business nowadays (always been to be accurate); you have a hot minute to get your info/product out to the public before its recycled/compiled/innovated and presented anew. I'm a small business owner and I constantly have to think of crafty ways to stay ahead. I don't think the question is one of legality as it is of integrity between one air gunner and another. Yet, to be fair, we are using a medium inherently devoted to information so any means conducive to that end should be seen as a contrbution to our craft/hobby.

Stealing to make a quick profit? Where's your proof on that? Do you see any advertisements on his collection? Are you certain he doesn't have permission, or is in violation with the Youtube guidelines? Have you read the link to the Google support page about rights on youtube? And I mean all the pages behind the links, and then checked if the movies that are on his page have any copyright limitations set on them?

I'm playing the devil's advocate here guys, but I've only seen assumptions so far, and few to no facts at all. 

"ddransoml"Actually it's the nature of mass communicated business nowadays (always been to be accurate); you have a hot minute to get your info/product out to the public before its recycled/compiled/innovated and presented anew. I'm a small business owner and I constantly have to think of crafty ways to stay ahead. I don't think the question is one of legality as it is of integrity between one air gunner and another. Yet, to be fair, we are using a medium inherently devoted to information so any means conducive to that end should be seen as a contrbution to our craft/hobby.
I agree to a point its fine if you want to re-enact to create similar videos or products but to outright take something that someone else made is illegal. for example you make a nice gun rest and I see it and I go make one just like you did versus you make a nice gun rest and I take it from you.
All these creators made videos and other channels have taken them and are profiting from them.

Its the same warning you see at the beginning of a move not to copy it, or illegally downloading music there are laws in place to protect the creators but the average guy can't afford to legally take action against every copyright infringement the best they can hope for is to get the offending channel shut down. And eventually they all get shut down but not before they do there damage and then they start the process all over again. This is like death from a thousand cuts.

"Jonnes"
LOL, thanks guys, but that wasn't necessary. I don't care about ratings. I just think you got your moral compass pointing the wrong way when you start calling people a thief, suggest that they should be whipped and beaten, and then kick someone in the proverbial but because he says that public lynching parties is not the most friendly thing to do. Must be a Facebook generation thing. Maybe I'm getting to old for this poope. ;) 

Anyways, you might want to check out this article on the Google support page regarding Youtube and copyrights. Extremely interesting read in this context. https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2797468?hl=en
Good point OK so I took your advise if I am going to defend my position I should do it right.. 
After reading the link you posted

If his "collected" videos are publishec with a Creative Commons lisecense and he republishes using a CCL he is OK
(although i think their has to be a transformitive change made to the videos but im not 100% on this)
but this is not the case the original videos are published with a standard YouTube license meaning it is orignal content and the orignal creator retains all rights BUT more importantly when the videos were republished by this channel they were all published with this standard YouTube lisecense by doing this the channel is claming the videos as there original owned property.

What's eligible for a Creative Commons license?

Please understand that you may only mark your uploaded video with a Creative Commons license if it consists entirely of content licensable by you under the CC BY license. Some examples of such licensable content are:

• Your originally created content
  • Other videos marked with a CC BY license
  • Videos in the public domain

So he is violating the terms

To answer your question when a video is shared here or anywhere else it is linked back to YouTube and the respective account associated with it, the CPM (cost per thousand) (m = 1000 in computer terms)..... The CPM (YouTube lingo of how much $ you make on your videos) does change a bit for externally shared video but the view count and $ it makes still goes to the channel its linked to.. So if you watch teds videos on AGN ted gets money if you watched the ted video I posted at the top of this page that was stolen the thief gets money and ted does not get a man thing...

Lol if he did superimpose his face onto teds body then it would be legalish because he transformed it into his original work but then fair use rules would come into play for the original footage.

Since I don't see any of my videos on the channel, I'm not about to make a claim about theft or not. I noticed that there is a listing of the channels that most of the videos are taken from where someone can subscribe on the channel page making me wonder if permission was sought and granted, but I also noticed that the videos I clicked on have monetization enabled on them which only benefits that individual party and not the video maker. This leaves me wondering if it is an business model where the channel has received permission from the authors and is promoting their channel through selected videos in exchange for advertising compensation compared to copyright infringement.

This is something that video makers, Ted, Matt and Jim to name a few need to look into on their own if they aren't aware about the monetization and possible modification of their property (adding of the channel logo) without their permission. I think it's good that this information was brought forward as I would appreciate knowing my property was being misused; however, I also think that once the potential issue has been acknowledge, we as a community need to step back as we don't know what details, if any, were agreed upon and may end up making false claims.