• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New Yong Heng question

OK. Remove the thermostat from your cars cooling system. Don’t go too far from home. Ask me how I know
The most likely reason you had problems doing that is you had terribly insufficient flow to maintain pressure in the head, that allows pockets of steam to insulate parts of the head. The restriction the thermostat creates/builds pressure behind it, the pressure prevents the coolant from flashing to steam on hot spots in the head, what you needed was a pump with much higher flow capabilities if you remove the restriction of the thermostat. You actually ended up with insufficient flow with the thermostat removed to maintain design pressure. Like I said, do the research and don't just jump to conclusions.

Reactions: MEC17670
I did finally hear back from the seller. They asked about how much water and temperature of the water I am using and how fast it was heating. I replied but they have not yet read my reply. I almost positive it’s not a water issue or I would have had problems with the old unit. I use a 20 gallon storage tote with over 10 gallons of a mixture of antifreeze and water. Room temperature this time of year is about 60 degrees where I keep my compressor. Worried man the flash point on the oil I am using is 250C. I hope the seller offers some type of assistance. I got this one for a good price on AliExpress. It’s a hardcover edition and it was only $160 shipped from a warehouse in PA. If I have to start buying replacement parts its probably going to cost me as much as I paid for the compressor.

So it looks like I am on my own on this. Seller has not responded to my second request for help or advice. If I have time I will try to take the top end off tomorrow to see if I find anything. I may just replace the whole upper assembly if I have to. I bought one before from white whale mechanical store on AliExpress. That fixed the other one I have.

IMG_0606.jpeg
IMG_0605.jpeg
IMG_0604.jpeg
IMG_0602.jpeg
IMG_0602.jpeg
IMG_0603.jpeg
IMG_0601.jpeg
IMG_0600.jpeg
IMG_0596.jpeg
IMG_0609.jpeg
So I took apart the upper assembly this morning. I took some photos. Looks like this one sat somewhere for 2 years before I purchased by manufacture date. Maybe some one can tell me if they see any thing wrong. It didn’t seem tight as it turned over pretty easy.